Sept 6 - 9 is English Heritage open days. Most EH places are free admission these days, also some venues are normally closed to the general public but now you get a chance to see em.

Me & Mrs Catfan visited a Mausoleum last year ! At least it was something different !

http://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/

Unfortunately ( or fortunately! ), me and the missus will be in Cyprus, celebrating our Silver Anniversary, so will miss this offer.....oh, well!!

Lots of 'free' days out if you think about it (or costing next to nothing)

Picnic by the lake,

Sherwood forest for an ice cream,

wollaton hall i believe is free for hall and gardens.. Take a frisby and some lunch and wahey!

Nice little farm just outside town, Stonebridge farm.. its nothing great, but its a nice wander round.

*to name but a few.

Lots of 'free' days out if you think about it (or costing next to nothing)

Picnic by the lake,

Sherwood forest for an ice cream,

wollaton hall i believe is free for hall and gardens.. Take a frisby and some lunch and wahey!

Nice little farm just outside town, Stonebridge farm.. its nothing great, but its a nice wander round.

*to name but a few.

You can get into the Newstead Abbey grounds free from three different directions if you don't mind a (very pleasant) couple miles of a walk,

Thanks for the heads-up to Catfan.

Stonebridge City Farm, two minutes from Sneinton Leisure Center on Bath Street, has a great cafe which sells hot dinners and snacks. There's lots of animals, birds and things for the kids to see. You can also buy plants, vegetables and other stuff there. It's also free to go in and a nice day out.

• Upvote 1

Stonebridge City Farm, two minutes from Sneinton Leisure Center on Bath Street, has a great cafe which sells hot dinners and snacks. There's lots of animals, birds and things for the kids to see. You can also buy plants, vegetables and other stuff there. It's also free to go in and a nice day out.

I used to work at stonebridge in my teens.. Might have to pay a visit and see what theyv done with the place!

I used to walk into Newstead Abbey from Newstead Village when I lived in Annesley.

• 8 years later...

One of EMEB teambuilding days was working there erecting stalls (scrap poles), landscaping and creating a pond for the ducks, fire brigade came and filled for us. I wonder how much of our work is still left, must have a visit one day...

• 8 months later...