I know they're trying to find cheaper ways to mend our roads but..........

I was sat at some traffic lights today, waiting for them to change, so I could turn right, which was a bit silly cos my car was at home.

Anyway, all of a sudden two workmen in their flourescent jackets appeared. One had a shovel full of tar, the other had his hands in his pockets.

They both walked to a small hole in the road and the man with the shovel emptied it's contents into the hole, leaving a small steaming mound! They looked at each other, shrugged, saw that the lights were about to change and walked off.

Hole filled, job done.

It's the Cheshire Council fast way (This is true) If the lights hadn't changed ,the other's job is to jump up and down to start the leveling process (Otherwise, as in your case, it's left for the traffic to do!)

It's the Cheshire Council fast way (This is true) If the lights hadn't changed ,the other's job is to jump up and down to start the leveling process (Otherwise, as in your case, it's left for the traffic to do!)

You are taking the p! You are taking the p aren't you? This can't be true! Can this be true?