This question is directed to Mick2Me - On our website we're using bravenet message board and guestbook. They have served us very well in the last 11 years. Bravenet is now putting pressure on us to up-grade - thus going from a free service, to a pay service. My question is, are you happy with your message board? As a new user, I find it easy to use, and the post come up quickly - and it gives you the option to make corrections anytime you like.

Where - or who do we contact to use this same service here in Germany....we go through STRATO as our main provider - which is itself outside of Germany.

If anyone else has any ideas to help our search, please let me know. Your opinions are always welcome.

Thanks in advance from Dave

• Upvote 1

I consider IPB to be the best, is regularly updated, and the support is excellent.

Core Features - IPS Community Suite - IPS Hosting

It is however a paid service.

I do not know anything about the board you use, but if you already have a community and wish to change, it depends on what other systems support a good conversion from Bravenet.

I would definately stay away from Proboards/netboards type forums, great for a personal site but not for a professional site.

If you buy your own hosting, make sure you get CPANEL included as it has a few excellent free forums.

Let me know If I can help further

Thanks, let my Brigitte have a look first, she's our webmaster - I'm just the flunkie/lacky here.

Also, paying for a good service this time is no problem for us....when I first came to Germany I was poor - but I'm much better now - no pocket money, but free of debt. Thanks again for your help.....from the heart.