can you help a rescue this winter?

A good friend of mine runs a rescue for guineapigs and occasionally rabbits in nottingham and does a bloomin good job despite having to rely on donations etc. She's been in the local paper a few times and most recently because someone stole £200+ from the donation tin when visiting to give a couple of guineapigs a home.

She's currently looking for anyone who can give a temp home to foster a pair or more of guineapigs over the cold months inside a home or shed to provide warmth and provide her with some room for any other rescues she gets over the winter (you can imagine how many age must get over Christmas when the novelty has worn off)

UUnfortunately she can't provide the food or bedding but it's cheap enough from woodyards and wilkos.

So if you can or know anyone who can provide a temp home for a few of these lovely creatures please get in touch and ill pass on her details.

I also hope this was ok to post on here!

We have had guinea pigs and Rabbits for years, I can recommend them as great pets.

Still have three rabbits, but wont be getting any more when these have gone.

Its amazing that all these creatures get along with our three cats and three dogs.

Iv got two lads from the rescue, my mum has two girls, one was used as a breeding machine and was in a terrible state when my friend got her at the rescue. It amazes me how anyone can harm these lovely creatures. I love how the pigs talk to you as well, my dinning room would be far too quiet without em around.

My two aren't phased by th cats at all, intact if they're out on a wander one of em will chase the cats while 'rumbling'

I do hope we can find some foster homes for the winter, I'm sure whoever does it won't want to give them back at the end of winter!

• 4 weeks later...

Got two lads coming o stay with me over winter (guineapigs, not humans lol) can't wait. I'm thinking they may perk my 6 year old boy up who's showing all the signs of old age and give my other 2 year old some company of his own kind that can run around with him.

Did you manage to contact the woman in question, Mick? About those cages.