Gedling Christmas Tree

Hi Carni A few corrections and after thoughts. The lads i had trouble with between Balls and Hardys were the Simms, the Woods, two brothers i think,lived at the set back house next to the Memorial Hall. It was always good going around there. The dolls hospital was on the corner at the bottom of Westdale. It was a old derelict house,inside the rooms were full of dolls legs, arms etc. I presume thats where it got its name from. Peppars? chemists down towards Chesterfield Arms had thick soft rubber matts you sank in to.Ithink they were a dak red? Up past the CO-OP there was a hardwear shop set back, i took paraffin etc out from there on a old grocery bike. Another shop Mckees ? down near gedling station and the post office idid a grocery round for.Youth employment office between the twiichall and the Memorial Hall had a large glass sign above the entrance, i got caned at Priory Road school for smashing it. It wasnt me, honest i knew nothing about it. When i left Gedling school three of us signed on for the Navy,i backed out, and had to go back to the employment office. The old bugger remembered me and after a two min. interview i was a nylon folder at a factory in Daybrook Sq. By the time i had payed £2 board and bus fares i would have had more money on my paper round. I only have three photos from that era, one is in the back garden at Main Rd.Standing on a old bodged up wooden scooter. Short trousers and a Priory Rd. school cap. I have a smile on my face, and the memory came back. I had just been on a visit to the rough side of the road, two small girls were on my gate! I pushed it faster, and they fell off crying. I felt sorry gave them both a kiss, left them starry eyed, and went out of there lives forever and went back to posh side of the road.Sorry. Tiveys good bread. Dc Torance find where you were in the queue. Dentist Boyds near the fire station, only if you were desperate. Smelt of Whiskey,gave you the jab, pulled the tooth out but you were half way back to Gedling before your gums went numb.Can remember lads and girls up Chatsworth, but you would have left by then.Will keep thinking!