R.I.A.T. RAF Fairford Gloucestershire

Postman Pats arrived and I have a letter telling me that I have been refunded for my RIAT tickets. £54 (No postage and only part the booking fees). Great except that it has gone to my credit card (Which I have already paid off!!!!!!!!!) So now I have to spend money I don't need to.

Their letter informing me also came with another begging letter asking for donations, as stated elsewhere ,if I was working they could have kept the lot, but it's the way they keep reminding you that they are a registered charity!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just heard on the grape vine that all cars at next years RIAT will be parked on the run ways and hard standing areas , with all the show planes flying in from other bases in the area.

So fingers crossed for 2009 !!

MMM good point .I supose the planes could do emergency landings in the swamp where they want us to stand!!

• 3 months later...

Tickets are on sale for the next RIAT at Fairford (18th / 19th July 2009) at early bird knockdown prices.(Quite a saving this year) I'm not sure what I'm doing yet . I may go for all 6 days and camp out or I may just go for one day, either way I'll let you know nearer the time.

And yes , the parking is partly on the hardstanding of the airfield, with trackways built in the parking fields .

Ayup Beefsteak,

Heard yesterday that East Kirkby is having an airshow next year 2009, should imagine most of the stuff will be parked at Coningsby until needed

Hope the weather behaves for RIAT for you next year mate

Rog

Are you coming ??

I intend to get over for Waddo and I'll bring the clan( and possibly my mum) to that one (But Riat is mine all mine , evil cackle , Etc .)