Southport Airshow

Chrissy.

What an unfortunate introduction to Duxford, the weather was so bad that despite living just down the road, I couldn't see the point in going, sounds like the usual bus trip too, in that you were ordered about and didn't get the chance to take it all in.

My advice, go to the end of season airshow on October 5th, but go early and by car. My brother travels down from Ripley every year and we meet on site. He sets out early and we always have a good opportunity to walk round together and take it all in. Last year one of my Hungarian relatives came over and we had a hell of a time, a good display too. This year I have it on good authority that apart from the Vulcan, the Patrouilles de France will be appearing, they are the French equivalent of the Red Arrows, and quite a coup to have them appearing in the show, they rarely appear in the UK. The weather at that particular event is always perfect, why, I don't know, but I've never been let down by the display or the weather.

I reccomend it to anyone.