I agree with you Ian, made me laugh out loud, just going back to aviation, the typhoons that went to the Falklands, one had to turn back because of some problem or other, the rest I was told had to have the Falkland crest removed from their tails because the Argies have seen sending typhoons as an act of aggression, don't recall any Brit complaining about them buying a squadron or escadrill or whatever of F16s, have you heard any thing on that one either of you?

Rog

Lots of rumours about the Argies trying to aquire F-16's, you can't blame them, their airforce is quite antiquated these days, it's no different to what it was in 1982. I think that it's more down to the state of their economy that they haven't aquired any yet, but that will no doubt change.

While trying to find out about this, I found some interesting info on F-16's v Sea Harriers. The pundits reckoned that Sea Harriers would have had no chance against them. Ever read Sharkey Wards book on the Falklands War, if not you must. I know that Ward was a bit of a prima donna, but according to him, while working up on Sea Harriers, and lets not forget that they were a new untried toy in 1982, the USAF invited them to try their Harriers against their top F-15 squadron. According to Commander Ward, they stuffed them big time. Pilots or aircraft, who knows, but no doubt it had an effect on the tactical thinking of the Argentine pilots sent against them.

I bet they'll have fun with their Typhoons against the hit and run incursions that the Argies do against the Falklands, a bit of transfer removal off the tails isn't going to make much difference to their purpose is it.