Airshow at East Kirby next Saturday

Is anyone going, Rog, Ian? it looks like a good little do.

My mum isn't well at the moment and I'm threatening to bring her down next week for a few days if she's up to it, if thats the case, I will probably set off early and take a diversion next saturday, anyone up for it.

I can't make it (SWMBO is working) I may go up Windermere tomorrow, and then it's Rhyll on the 8th Blackpool on the 9th and Dawlish on the 20th

I'm working as well Pete, this weekend is my weekend off next weekend on so have been to the Heckington country show where the Lanc put in an appearance, shame about next week though it would be good to meet up again

Rog

Is that the place with the propeller leant up against the tree?

Do they fly out towards Skeg for that airshow? I'm over at skeggy next weekend it'd be great to see something other than kites flying

Yes it is the propeller against the tree , and maybe . (I have never been to an airshow there so I can't tell you.)

Well worth a visit any time , (But closed all day Sunday)

Its my eldest son who is interested in going to the place (not the other kids) and he's part of a voluntary gliding school every sunday, so that works out quite well.

Drove past the place yesterday, but people were going down the entrance...

He sounds like a potential recruit for one of our aviation days, keep your eyes open for the next date, any ideas yet Ian?

Rog

Some time towards the end of August , possibly week begining Monday 24th. Can I suggest Wednesday 26th ??

Jonesy

My youth has just spent this week up at Skegness, arriving back late last night, his holiday curtailed by a serious illness to his pals grandma. He did however say that I would have loved being up there because Skeggy was being constantly over flown at low level by what he described as my favourite jets, which I take to mean Typhoons, he even admitted that he thought it was 'pretty cool'. Unfortunately, they don't fly at weekends, but on the other hand, I have a feeling that some sort of military exercise is going on at the moment because we've been constantly overflown by Apache helicopters over the past few days, including late at night, so who knows what you might see over the weekend.

Before my son started gliding out of Syerston every weekend, he used to love going to the coast, we often used to see the eurofighter, and the jets that used to fly out of Conningsby (we always travel that way on the off-chance something will be flying in/out :) )

I'll make sure I have my camera fully charged for the weekend then, thanks for the heads up

Jonesy, don't just go that way on the off chance, make a point of turning right when you are in Coningsby village drive about a mile up the road and the Typhoons,Tornado's and Harriers are parked on the hard standing near the viewing area alongside the road

Rog

Also pop in to the BBMF whilst there !!

I shall start a new topic re next aviation day

Ayup Ian,

The 26th looking OK at the moment, will confirm in a few days time, not much activity at the moment but most stuff been taking off after lunchtime and heading north east, 8 took off yesterday within 5 mins of each other and 2 of them went vertical, still headed north east though. catch you all later

Rog

Forgot to mention in the last post, Thorpe camp is open on Wednesdays so could tie in well with aviation tour

Rog

I don't think that much will be happening at Conno this weekend, there are no flying exercises booked until Monday and it's the BBMF weekend off, a bit sad that the Lanc won't be participating in the East Kirkby display, with Just Jane running up on the ground and the BBMF Lanc flying overhead, it would be a sight to savour.

• 8 months later...

For any one who is interested east kirby has a 40s day this saturday we are going out for a run with steves clasic bikes meet from ilkeston so there will be clasic and modern bikes as well as the planes and forties costumes. we were out with them to forties day at churnette vally railway forties day last saturday.

Also WW2 day and activities at Metheringham airfield site this Sunday so if anyone interested could be a good 40s weekend

Rog