Southport air show

A couple of a beautiful 'Cat' I shall put some more in there when I have finished editing.

20090927_9226_edited-1.jpg

20090927_9242_edited-2.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beefsteak44/sets/72157622474908854/

I looked on Flickr and you had me fooled for a minute there Beefsteak, what, a silver finish B-17, it must be pics from when the visitor came over from the States last year, but the Wellington gave it all away, I knew it wasn't possible to make the Loch Ness beastie airworthy, pity.

If you ever get the chance you most go inside the Cat, the view from those big domed windows is incredible, they have a big comfy bench seat fitted around each one, whats surprising is how small the cockpit is compared to the interior of the aircraft, it's tiny, it must have been very uncomfortable for the pilots when they went out on those long Atlantic missions. It's the most regular warbird passer by over Braintree, they deliberately come low over the town because one of the shareholders lives here. I sat in the cockpit talking to the pilot, Paul Warren Wilson? and he said that the society members like to take a few weekend jollies to France in the summer to stock up with duty frees, it must be the the best, but most expensive, booze cruise going.

If you look in the picture at the top of the page you can see some one sat in one of the 'Domes' , it took me a while to realise it wasn't a reflection of the wheels !!!

Only ever been in it twice and managed to bump my head on both occasions, it was between the the central isle and the cockpit, bad headache for the rest of the day, but I agree, cracking view from the blister windows

Rog

Beefsteak

I note on one of the Aviation Forums, namely Flypast, in the photographic section, that the BBMF are looking for photos to include in their 2010 brochure and are inviting allcomers to submit their stuff, you have taken some great pics of them over the season, why not have a try. It's interesting that no-one has published any pics on their site of the Southport Airshow, join up and show some of your pics, there's some influential people on there, it might help with what you want to do.

They want 10 shots on a CD and I don't think I could find 10 up to their standard , although I did start trawling through the archives earlier, I have 5 good 'uns but still need to dig deeper.

But thanks for that.