Victoria Centre Development

That (I hope) is looking from the Vic centre north towards Bluecoat street, (It's an age thing .....LOL)

yes of course................im much too young to remember!!!!!!! !yada!

Sort of....... but Bluecoat Street does come into it!

On the photo Huntingdon Street is running up the right side of the picture, with Bluecoat Street/Woodborough Road across the top above the tunnel entrance

I think the square building just creeping in to the right edge might be John E Wrights offices, as on HERE

ah yes got it now thank you, what do you think they were constructing on the left there? Seems a bit random, plonked in the middle.

Footings for the carpark of the VCic Centre I think

Sorry about the 'late reply' there , I had missed the next page .

Footings for the carpark of the VCic Centre I think

Sorry about the 'late reply' there , I had missed the next page .

Well i thought that but it seems quite small, unless they did a bit at a time then moved on, not being a builder meself!

When Vic centre was first built, did the supermarket at the bottom end (where Tesco is now) used to run the whole width of the centre? I seem to remember the 3 lifts being actually in the shop (was it called 'Scan'?) and then later on, it was all changed to the Food Court. Upstairs, where the information desk is and the 3 steps, thats where it ended and you walked down the side of a newsagents and into the huge indoor bus station, which im guessing is now where House of Fraser is etc. Anyone got any pics of it then?

It was certainly "Scan" back in the mid 70s , whether it was anything else before, then I don't know.

You used to walk past there to some Toilets (I think ) on the left , then a dead end , there was a staircase to the left to exit on to York street ?? just down from what is now the bus station.