It does take longer and should really be left until after a few cuts, preferably a couple of months, so that the roots can spread and condsolidate. If you want an instant lawn then you are doing the right thing by laying turf.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv been quoted £47 for a 23x15ft garden.. Would you say thats fairly cheap? Using a company thats had quite alot of good feedback too. Im not sure how long im going to be living here so i dont want to be spending too much but i miss having a garden to relax in

I've not done any turfing so my judgement is not the best you'll get but it sounds ok to me. Just looked at Scottish prices and it's over £100 for your size!

yeh mudgie and we always try and arange meet up when or expat friends come overwhy not come july begining of august and come to skeggy for rockers reunion weekend you might even meet up with old friends as well and we have never had bad weather yet. but even if you carnt come then let us know when you come over and ill go and see jeff and slim and try and get them to come for a meet up, oh and old ace will be rockers reunion too.

oooh skeggy rockers reunion .. I doubt my fella will take us to skeggy on that day.... If it was a mod's reunion, he'll be dragging us down haha

hi jackson dont molly coddle them but neither of them like going out much and dont really enjoy pubs like there dad none of them drink. as for making them too cumfy no we get on and do our indervidual things they cook for themselfs and i dont go into there rooms more a finatial thing the only thing i do for them is take there washing to the laundrette when i take mine if its not in the bathroom with the dirty washing it dont get done and they have to do there own. but i dont think i will ever get rid of them either but in some ways thats good cause they help with things like going to shops for us and help dave with heavy lifting and stuff like that so its good for us too sometimes. and the eldest is also my other designated driver so if for any reason dave carnt drive paul can always drive us were we need to go.

big mods and rockers day at masfield foot ball ground on 3rg june,sounds like it will be a good day ill be there pixie but probly more mods than rocker will be there but do i care no.cause imm the best of them all.

What kind of 'do' is it? He loves scooters, memorabilia etc.. Is it that kind of event? Ill quite possibly be there with him in that case so may see you there, I do like all the mod stuff myself, im just not as into it as him...

going to be stalls bike scooter show ect if yo go to rockers reunion site you will find the flyer on first page i think.and its not too far to travel , even if you not got your own transport , good bus and train sevice and football ground only five minuet walk from both bus and train stations ill check out poster and get you the contact details if you like i know its the mansfield scooter club thats organizing it

Hi Babs,can't make it for July sorry to say'it must be at least 40+years since I was in 'Skeggy'.

It would be nice to see some of the old faces,but will try for next year.

Is there any where to rent a motorbike in Nottingham?

dontknow about renting a bike in notts but know lymee looked into it and it was very expensive but ill ask around and let you knowany way.

pixie have just been on rockers reunion site and the contact number is07919388147 its mansfield road runners scooter club thats running it starts 12..30 and the poster says outdoor 60s disco, bbq childrens rides beer and refresment tentsspears stall and charity stalls.

maybe your partner might like to phone and find out more information

Just told him about it, his reply was 'ooooooh' so I think we'll prob find someone to have baby for the day & pop down. He said the only thing he wants to know is the entrance price. Also an excuse for a 'drive' apparently lol

Ok, his eyes have lit up, I guess that makes the event even better. Will deffonately be popping down now, anyone else going on here? Maybe one of us should stand with a large sign saying 'nottstaglia meeting point' & say hi haha, joking, obviously

well you carnt miss me ill be the little fat one pushing my three weeled walker so if you see me stop me and say hello

well my summer calender is filling up fast out most weekends on saturday or the sunday or sometimes both days hope i get my disability scooter soon that way can be a bit more inderpendant and i will manage to see more asi will be able to get round these events easyer and ill always have a seat with out having to carry one all summer. but either way i am going to enjoy every bit i can.. keep it comming

hi mudgie

the nearest one dave could find was in manchester.

new horizons bike hire

weekly rates from 400 pounds

www. newhorizonsbikehire. co .uk for further info and details of what they need for you to hire. dont know if this helps or you may have looked at it sez prices are all inclusive of insurance and break down service

oooh skeggy rockers reunion .. I doubt my fella will take us to skeggy on that day.... If it was a mod's reunion, he'll be dragging us down haha

I humbly refer the young lady to the photo at the beginning of the thread "Nostalgic Age Photos". Mods Rule OK.

no compo they just thought they did. never ruled us hey ash oldace

bye the way pixie scooter mod rally the ship skeggy 4th 5th and 6th may so lets see if he dose take you to skeggy then.might even have a run downfor the day ourselfs if nought better on

<Quote> no compo they just thought they did. <unquote.>

Watch it matey or I might just throw you off Brighton promenade at Easter when the Mods Beat the Rockers ☠ <big grin>

dont think so compo you wont be able to lift me up youd need a dozen of your mates haha