Soulville Steakhouse, Nottingham

I know there are one or two soul fans on here and I thought I'd just mention this place which I visited last night for the first time. (I'm not on a commission, honestly!)

Soulville is situated on Queen Street opposite the main post office and is an interesting place to visit for any fan of the music genre, with lots of framed pictures and posters of the great soul and Motown stars of the past around the walls. A working Wurlitzer jukebox has pride of place, stuffed with soul classics and free for patrons to use. The music is at a level that is listenable but not too loud to spoil conversation over dinner.

record.png

The excellent food is fairly-priced with a 15% discount if seated and ordering before 7pm (on the night we visited.) Portions are generous and service friendly and attentive. There are comfortable leather seats in one area and chairs at the bar for those who just wish to pop in for a drink and listen to some good soul music. Bar prices are consistent with town pub prices (£3.50 for a pint of San Miguel for example).

Recommended - I'll be back.

http://www.thesoulvillesteakhouse.com/

PS You can't miss it, there's a Lambretta in the window!

525282-support-nottingham.png

• Upvote 1

Sounds good, SWMBO and I will more than likely have to check it out. I particularly like the sound of the Chicken Liver and Smoked Bacon Pate with Onion Marmalade as a starter.

Thanks Stu.

Been here a few times, the food is amazing and the steaks to die for. Its in the old Elite cinema building (next door to Gatecrasher nightclub) and if you sit upstairs you can still see the original cinema ceiling.

Looks great and with endorsements and ties to the bygone years of the Elite; it has gone on our list of places to visit when we eventually get there!

Good post Stu!

had been told about this place ages ago and ment to try it out but never seemed to get round to it might just give it a try soon.