CWS and all that jazz

• 2 weeks later...

!rulez! Sorry Tuts your right i've been sidetracked for a while but i'm back now.

:tease: Still don't have a clue ..."Help someone!

Well, as long as nobody wants to answer this one, I will tell you.

The food hall on Aspley Lane used to be a Snooker Hall upstairs and a Post Office sorting office downstairs. it was altered to a Woolworths style shop for the co-op in around 1958. The Co-op then decided to change it to its present use some years later.

I know ASPLEY is noted for being out in the sticks from Radford and the Meadows but I would have thought one of you would have known this.

Do you not remember the street parties and the Salvation Army band outside on the lane at Christmas? George Jones the Ironmonger, Shaw's the hairdresser and Farrands, Marsdens, Shentalls and Scrimshaws the baker? Their cream buns were famous for miles around.

I must have lived in a time warp or a parallel world...

A ;)

Crestbeam the telly repair shop used to be along there somewhere too.. it was a regular event my taking in a defunct tv for them to fix.. odd thing is, although the telly would come out working, it would only last for a couple of weeks before it went Kaput again..

personally I don't think they cared.. it didn't matter to them the fact you had to trudge round all the jumble sales to find a replacement.. they just wanted the cash!