Early Autumn in the garden

This link should take to to an album taken this morning, Friday 20th September. Clcik on teh first picture and you should get a large picture with forward/back arrows to scroll through.

https://picasaweb.google.com/paul.simonite/GardenInEarlyAutumn?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJuCwqqv_6qYbA&feat=directlink

• Upvote 1

:biggrin:Compo, how absolutely beautiful what you have done with your photos: made them into a Gallery - wish I was as clever. How kind of you to put these images on 'Nottstalgia'.

My favourites amongst your collection are:

'The Fernery'

'Autumn Colours Just Beginning To Show'

'Light in the Wood'

(Even the one: 'Wood Pigeon Deterrent' is so unusual and beautiful - the colours sing.)

PS: I too love Autumn in the garden: 'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'..................(John Keats).

• Upvote 1

The first Pumpkin of the season. A "Jack O'Lantern":

IMG_8721.JPG?gl=GB

Assorted produce awaiting disposal to storage:

IMG_8722.JPG?gl=GB

PS: I too love Autumn in the garden: 'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'..................(John Keats).

A million bleedin' weeds to dig up,three tons of cat crap,and cold ,wet,miserable days to look forward to.......(Poohbear)

The Swedish Whitebeam are heavily loaded with berries this year. Sign of a bad winter to come? NO! it's a sign of a good summer just past :D

IMG_8728.JPG?gl=GB

The Swedish Whitebeam are heavily loaded with berries this year. Sign of a bad winter to come? NO! it's a sign of a good summer just past :D

Thank God somebody else on the planet realizes that a heavy berry crop reflects a bountiful spring and summer. The times I've got into arguments with so called intelligent people who think for some peculiar reason that holly bushes can fortell what sort of a winter is round the corner.

How plants have acquired this ability to read the future would even confuse H G Wells.

• Upvote 1

Like "The cows are lying down, it's going to rain". Well again, no; they are lying down to take the weight of a belly full of grass off their feet. A full stomach in a cow can easily weigh 50kgs or more.