Worst Day Of the Year?

Hi Mattsdigs,

You have not dug a hole as far as i'm concerned, I find it interesting as i don't know where that word "gotten"popped up from, or when i last used it. My "Grammer and Pronunciation" is far from perfect i know but I am working on it. Please don't worry, :)

Michael, so glad that Phoebe is ok, it is a worry when such small ones are poorly. I had the same thing with my daughter and her son (8months) a couple of months ago. Alex was wheezey and sick and then went grey and floppy. Sam phoned me in a panic after she had phoned the ambulance (her husband was away in Oman with the RAF at the time) I met them at Lincs county. It was a scary time but Alex was fine and apparently had had a febrile convulsion which is very common in babies when they can't breathe properly due to congestion.

Lizzie, I know exactly where you're coming from. Another daughter Sarah was worried about her youngest who was just sleepy all the time. The doctor diagnosed tonsillitis and fobbed her off with antibiotics for 2 weeks but Sarah was not happy and just kept pushing until they ended up in hospital the week before Christmas for several days. They now think that Poppy may have had glandular fever and are awaiting blood test results and the result of a kidney scan. On the plus side Poppy is a lot better and helped ransack our house along with the other grandchildren when they visited after Christmas.

Carni I had noticed your absence a couple of days ago, so glad you are ok. Look after yourself and go steady on the word and song association threads, don't go overdoing the excitement there!

• Upvote 1

There's a lot of old English words still in usage stateside..."dove" is one of them for "Dived" "Pled" instead of Pleaded, Hog instead of pig...List is endless.