Anybody using Linux?

So true, and yes, Linux Mint does look pretty good. I just need a bit more time with it. My wife's laptop has Vista, there always seems to be some issue with which, yours truly ends up scratching his head over. Win 7 seems not too bad, but then the printer guys. Are you reading this HP? Quit writing updated drivers and hope you will buy a new printer to keep selling their overpriced ink. I gave up on Internet explorer years ago, been using Firefox for a long time. Seems to me that the constant updates are crippling XP it just gets slower. Maybe that's what they want.

• Upvote 1

Well I'm using Linux Mint now whether I want to or not. Couldn't boot back into XP. :-). XP seemed to be going ever slower just lately. Fortunately I had backed everything up to an external HD. It Is a fairly steep learning curve, but I've learnt to use other operating systems. Linux takes up much less room on the disk than the bloatware computers come with in these days. Seems to have all the good stuff already built in, eg. Firefox, Thunder bird etc. so it looks like I have kissed Msoft goodbye and good riddance.

• Upvote 2

I am now using Google Chrome operating system on a Chromebook.

Web pages now load like lightening,

Boot/shut down in about 10 seconds,

No risks from virus attack.