Brits abroad

Today I went to do a bit of shopping. Do any of you brits begrudge paying the high price of something that youve bought at a more realistic price?

My daughter and I bought some ready made sushi for our tea tonight. Ok we paid the correct price.

I love making sushi. When I was in scotland last week I stocked up on a couple of things. Now comes the crunch.

Nori in UK is. £1.30 in Italy equivalent to £3.62. A kit for making sushi in UK £3.50. In Italy equivalent to £12.49. I was shell shocked. Cant believe such a big difference. I stocked up on Nori seaweed and sushi rice. So glad I did. I now have enough to last me a couple of months.....maybe!

I know that if something is popular the price is also reasonable but sushi is more popular here than in UK.

I have got over being fleeced here in Ireland, a lot of the things I have simply stopped buying..like Record Collector magazine, here a whopping €9.66 Ravioli 2:20 a tin,get a jag cheaper than Strepsils!

But I accept it as I prefer to live in peace out here..though a lighthouse would appeal also.

I too have learnt to live without a lot of things I cant get here. I bring them back if possible when I go to UK. But I refuse to pay the extortionate price they ask here.

Ian you DON'T buy tinned ravioli surely. You can make a kilo for that price.!