My mom just arrived in Nottingham today, visiting Grandpa and an old friend who lives in Burton Joyce. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like for the next week? I hope she doesn't get too rained out! She should have waited till July and gone to England with us!

Den, I mentioned to her that you live in Chilwell and she asked if you know the Mellors family? She was good friends with Barbara Mellors who died quite young, but had a couple of siblings. She said she thought they owned a shop of some sort in Chilwell.

What about Burton Joyce? Am I missing something? I've been once, don't remember anything out of place.

Guest Lentonlad

There's nowt wrong with Burton Joyce, Cali. In fact its one of my favourite villages when I used to deliver for the Red Cross. I could live there if I could afford it. BUT....like I say,wait till Flat Cap gets back from exotic Skeggy's blue flag beach(not) and see what he has to say. He'll kick up a stink stronger than Stoke Bardolph. Bet your life on it. ilikeyou

Her friends husband owns a bookie shop, so they probably do pretty well for themselves. Yes, I know FC has a problem with people who do well!!

If FC actually is an old man (which I highly doubt at this point) I wonder what he did for a living, and why he has nothing to show for it??

Possible...would be nice to find out who he really is. If he is who he says he is, I don't pity his situation anymore, from his attitude he deserves everything he gets!!

I believe you may be the only one! I sent him a pm today, this is how it read:

Today is National Mental Health Day. You can do your part by sending a nice message to someone who is mentally unstable.

smile2

There, my job is done!!

• 9 years later...