On the track of Flat Cap

Look what I found discarded at the entrance to the forums.

If there are any hairs, perhaps we could get some DNA?

post-25-1148107908_thumb.jpg

Why does this obsession with the blatant troller persist, even after his alleged departure?

The golden rule of 'don't feed the troll' seems to have passed this forum by!

Sat back in amazement as his initial, clearly obnoxious, postings were greeted with such delight by much of the forum..... I merely ignored him, from Day 1.

I'd guess he'd regard his Nottstalgia sojourn as being as lucrative as any previous stunts.

Cheers

Robt P.

Why does this obsession with the blatant troller persist, even after his alleged departure?

The golden rule of 'don't feed the troll' seems to have passed this forum by!

Sat back in amazement as his initial, clearly obnoxious, postings were greeted with such delight by much of the forum..... I merely ignored him, from Day 1.

I'd guess he'd regard his Nottstalgia sojourn as being as lucrative as any previous stunts.

Cheers

Robt P.

Rob, I'd presume most of the members of this site have very little to no experience of chat forums before this site. Thats why I posted the warning thread to educate them on the pitfalls of forums.

We all had to start somewhere and learn what Trolls were the hard way.

Cali told me that this board was her first forum, so at a guess, it could probably be said the rest are new to them?

I've been around them a few years now, made loads of mistakes, hadn't a clue about Trolls or how to deal with them back then. ;)

This is an open forum, very difficult to keep idiots out.

IN the early FC days I must admit, I have never laughed out loud so much at some of the postings and responses. I decided to create FC a moaning area and make him moderator just to see what happened. It could have gone either way but unfortunately it went the wrong way and he began to abuse people and lock out topics. I revoked his moderatorship in that area, and to add insult to injury, I replaced him with Elaine

(The Californian waitress to FC)

At any time any of the moderators could have edited or deleted his posts in other forums. Thats their job.

If you frequent the internet, you should be aware that not all is as it seems.

Me I'm off back to Ebay for a bit. "Caveat emptor"

They seek him here, they seek him there.

Is he in Sneinton, is he in Clifton?

Is he dahn tahn or up Hockley?

That damned elusive Flat Cap!

Troll or not, it basically provided entertainment, whilst making a welcome change from all those topics of deep philosophical debate, politial intrigue and somnolent introversion so beloved by a certain section of our memberbase..

inasmuch the likes of FCD, although admittedly being OTT was at times a breath of fresh air!