St Ann's Hospital Thorneywood

Does anyone know about the history of St Ann's Hospital, Porchester Road (now known as Thorneywood). I work for Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust and we are moving out of Thorneywood soon. I'm trying to track down people who used to work here, and might have some tales about the site.
(Posting this in general chat, as more people are likely to read it here)

Dont know how many of these would still be alive but heres a (poor ) photo giving names , from the Nottingham Journal 03/10/1945 , when the hospital was handed over from being a wartime emergency hospital.

40154416082_e2829ddd60_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2018 at 4:37 PM, DAVIDW said:

Dont know how many of these would still be alive but heres a (poor ) photo giving names , from the Nottingham Journal 03/10/1945 , when the hospital was handed over from being a wartime emergency hospital.

Thanks very much for this, the Nottingham Journal archives look useful. 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:40 AM, Cliff Ton said:

Are you aware of these two sites which might have relevant information ?

https://www.facebook.com/allforinterstest/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

http://www.nottinghamhospitalshistory.co.uk/

Yes, thank you. I've already spoken to Paul, who runs these sites, and he's sent me a couple of photos.

• 2 years later...

Know this post is a couple of years old now but my mother in law worked nights there for over 30 years  .It was st Annes before it turned to Thorneywood and both rendall and Harper Villas were part of the hospital with adult wards  .She started working there in 1973 and retired in 2003 .Sisters  Becket and cockren  and charge nurse batham were in charge  . ( she remembers annie wiggins visits very well !)    

• 1 year later...

I was a patient at Rendall Villa in 1980, which was then part of St. Annes Hospital. This was the adolescent unit, and Harper Villa (next door) was the children's unit. I have happy memories of it there. Much better than going to school! I am now 56 and live in Dorset, but my interest has been restored because recently I saw a TV documentary about the murder of Caroline Coin in Thorneywood Mount in 2011. They showed different places nearby where CCTV cameras had picked up images of victim and assailant. One camera they showed, just for a few seconds, I'm positive was just above what was the main entrance to Rendall Villa, but now said '145 Thorneywood Mount'. My investigations today on google maps has told me I'm right, as the main entrance to Rendall Villa was technically facing Thorneywood Mount rather than Porchester Road, from where you used to actually drive in to St. Annes hospital. In general a happy but troubled place, and for me, a welcome refuge from school.