What do the following have in common? Bill and Ben's frequently uttered, indecipherable comment "Flobbadob" in The Flowerpot Men. The blustering Captain Pugwash's "Plundering porpoises! Jumping jellyfish! Harrowing hurricanes!" The urgent, on-the-edge-of-your-seat voice announcing Hergé's Adventures of Tintin. And the Daleks' menacing, robotic exhortation of:"Ex-ter-min-ate! Ex-ter-min-ate!"

The man who did all the voices for Sir Prancelot, The Lady Hysteria, Master Girth, Bert & Harry, Count Otto Ze Blott, The French Customs Official, Luigi da Squigi, Duke Uglio, Hippy character, Otto's minions, Hakim, the Vizeer, The Caliph Haroon al Rachid, Ali Baba and the Jester.

He also did the voices for a huge list of television programs including Whirligig, Penny Crayon (the part of Dennis), The Adventures of Spot (he was the narrator), Super Ted, Rainbow (he also did the voice of the ever annoying Zippy), Captain Pugwash, The Woodentops and The Flower Pot Men.

Spoke lots of parts in several different stories of Doctor Who - both Cybermen and Daleks. These parts ranged from the very early stories such as "The Power of the Daleks" and "The chase."

The voice behind all these television favourites died last week, aged 82......what was his name?

Cheers

Robt P.

post-29-1153212687_thumb.jpg

Would he be related to a right royal skeleton?  I the widest possible sense of course.

Sorry Ann, ??????????

Any takers?

Cheers

Robt P.

rob237 Posted on Jul 25 2006, 09:26 PM

Why were you so shy in coming forward, until now?  !bravo!  

Because I have been called a fountain of knowledge and a show off even thou my education in the sixties was not of the higher standards that it is now.

The open university on BBC 2 has contributed alot, it's filled the missing holes in may poor education and the Playboy Crossword has helped too

Anyroadup! I Google alot....That's what me mum say's and she should know she does me washing.. :Vampire:

Aussie is nice but girl is even better :Friends: I'm making this as puerile as I can just to please Rob 237 :yahoo:

I'm doing my best aswell Caz, you know what they say 'you can't please all of the people all of the time but you can fool must of them most of the time.... :crazy::tease: flyswat girlvboy !yada! I love it, makes me feel superior ... vampire2