Name the beardie...

In an attempt to wake the group from its current comotose state, name the beard from Nottingham's past.

And what was his major achievement?

Cheers

Robt P.

post-29-1159977274_thumb.jpg

I must confess I am stumped to which one of the two gentlemen inventors of the Sturmey Archer gear hub he is.......He's either Henry Sturmey or James Archer but then again I maybe wronge on both counts...... :tease:

My wifes father worked for Raleigh for over twenty five years in the braizing shop making bike axles.....just a bit of useless info..... :sorry:

My wifes father worked for Raleigh for over twenty five years in the braizing shop making bike axles.....just a bit of useless info..... :sorry:

He'd have recognised the beard owner instantly......

Cheers

Robt P.

reminds me of that advert  we used to see on  the telly a few years ago..  "I was so impressed,  I went and bought the company"  the gentleman would exclaim..

now what was his name, and what company did he buy?

Victor Kiam....Remington

Sir Frank Bowden Bt. 1848-1921

The creator of Raleigh Industries......

"In 1887 Frank Bowden was told he had only months to live. Rather than accept hs fate, he chose to follow the advice of his doctor who told him to take up cycling to save his life. To improve his health, he went to Raleigh Street, where he found 12 men in a small workshop producing three cycles a week. Bowden then decided to buy the workshop and the Raleigh Cycle Company was founded...."