Did You Know Roy Morris from Carlton ?

My dad, Roy Morris, from Carlton, was a joiner who died from an asbestos disease in 2019. A popular member of the community and a hard-working man, he was very active and still worked six days a week as a joiner just four months prior to his death. We believe that he was exposed to asbestos dust whilst working as a joiner in the building trade between 1973 and 1980. Roy worked for Ronald Simmons Limited of Carlton, Nottingham, as an apprentice joiner (studying at Basford Hall College) and thereafter as a time served joiner from 1973 up until 1979. Roy then worked for WM Davis & Co (Leicester) Limited and George Wimpey & Co Limited in 1980 before becoming self-employed.

This is our final attempt to find anyone who worked with him during the 1970s/early 1980s who can come forward with any information as to how he was exposed to toxic asbestos dust during this time period. I've attached a photo of him from around 1980 in the hopes that someone may recognise him. We're hoping we can track down any former colleagues or anyone who knew him during this time who may have any information that would help our legal claim, however small or unimportant you think it may be. Or maybe you could share this post with someone who may be able to help us, or ask a family member who worked in the building trade during this time.

Roy died at the age of 61 in 2019, unaware of his diagnosis, and it was only established at post-mortem that he had died from the fatal lung cancer, mesothelioma, which is caused by exposure to asbestos. Sadly, Roy died before he was able to begin a legal claim and we have so far been unable to trace anyone who worked with him directly, or at his places of work, between 1973 and 1980. If you or anyone you know could assist us with information, please contact either myself or the solicitor who is helping our claim, Neil Baines at Thompsons Solicitors - (0115) 989 7209 or neilbaines@thompsons.law.co.uk. This is our last chance to find any information and we are relying on the community to help us find the answers we desperately need to solve my dad's case.

Scan-21-small.jpg

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Did You Know Roy Morris from Carlton ?