We are team ( THREE IN NUMBER) of American troops writing from Baghdad,

Iraq. Please can you help us retrive the money we captured here in Baghdad

abandoned in one of Saddam Hussein's hiden treasury. We deposited the money

in a vault of security company in Africa for safe keeping to avoid any trace

now or in future.

We are going to compensate you 25 percentage of the total money if you are

willing to help us retrive the fund from deposit company in Africa because

we are not allowed to own a foriegn bank account.We intend to invest the

money in your country with your assistance.

Waiting for your favourable response

Best regards,

Sgt Dennis Wilkins

TEAM LEADER

IRAQ

Testez Windows Llive Mail Beta !

http://www.msn.fr/newhotmail/Default.asp?Ath=f

Eh Mick, thats better than the one where some of my long lost relatives have been killed in an automobile acident, unfortunately they had no next of kin - so would I like the money! I didn't know I had that many relatives with that much dosh, if I'd answered them I'd be worth trillions of pounds by now, or maybe not, maybe I'd be skint owing to them emptying my bank account. Do these people realle think that we are stupid!

The use of words is good too isnt it, even for an American....25 percentage......hmmm.....yep....all Yanks say that dont they.must be a genuine e mail, just like the one i got recently from the Coca Cola company advising me id won a fortune..........hey, as soon as i get it im gonna buy 12 million cans of diet coke.............................. !rotfl!

Pemberton,

Unfortunately there are people that are thick/naive/greedy enough to fall for these things. Scams like these defraud millions upon millions of pounds every year.

This one is fortunately fairly obvious but some of the others a re a lot more subtle. The subtlety of the fraud is unfortunately no consolation when you lose your life savings.

I once had one with some pictures of starving children, supposedly from a priest trying to set up a mission in Darfur. Very convincing apart from the fact that is was to an e-mail address i had set up to collect these kinds of thing.