Can anyone help me?

We have been invited to a birthday party & it's bloody fancy dress,I hate fancy dress :angry: anyway it has to be something to do with The Blues Brothers or The Commitments can you give me some tips on outfits I might wear ? I have 3 weeks to decide.

Cheers :Fool:

You have just found an expert on the Blues brothers !!! LOL All you need is a black suit black tie white shirt sunglasses (preferably Ray Bans) and a black trilby or a pork pie hat extra accoutrements you may need are an ex yank cop car (cop carbs,cop tuning, cop shocks)etc and as many representatives of the Illinois law enforcement community as possible to chase you round the Palace Ballroom

Not forgetting to eat toast and whole fried chickens!!!!

;)

Thanks, what about the female version or is that the same? & the Commitments>

Female would be the same or (daft as it sounds) Nuns habits.

As for the Commitments its set in Dublin Ireland in the late 80s and is the story of a soul band put together by a youngish chap his surname is Rabbit the lead singer is a big oaf played by Andrew Strong there are 3 female backing singers a horn section a pianist and a drummer (The main hit from the film was Mustang Sally originaly sung by Wilson Picket) but other than Andrew Strong having a pony tail and being a slob I can't think of any real costumes in The Commiitments (mayby a bit of late 80s grunge look)

;)

The film the commitments was a big dissapointment to me.

A crowd of irish folks murdering good soul music!

Should stick to the riverdance and leave soul music to the black folks who really have soul!

Caz I think you missed the auction!

PoliceCarSale.jpg

Acceleration%20Title.jpg

http://www.bluesmobile.net

Thanks Beef. Whats the connection between the Nuns & The Blues Bros? as you can tell I havent watched either movie!

The nuns are what the story is all about (The Blues Brothers are trying to raise the funds to keep the orphanage(where they where raised ) ) open . it is run by 'the penguin' a nun (big scary woman who gives them what for for 'dirty mouthin')

I sugest you rent it out and have a good night in over a bottle of red wine

;)

Sounds like a great idea. I have the wine but not the Video, oh well maybe if I drink enough my better half might help me to break the habit .............LOL

Ha Ha I wonder if the Baptist church down the Meadows went off like that on a Sunday? i remember hearing the singing when i was a kid . Can you remember what st that was on Mick?