Is it me or does this look naff?

logo2.jpg

How many millions of pounds did this take to design?

I had to post it here 'cos we don't have a general sport forum Mick; any chance ?

;)

Nothing emerging from the Olympics farce [5 years more to come!] surprises me...

As I posted last year it is certain to provide even more 'entertainment'.

Even then it was already too late to put many of the vital transport links into place - progress made since, zilch.

The current London bullshit national figure of 83% is likely to climb high into the nineties.

Any credibilty, and respect, that remains for former world-class athlete Lord Coe has all slid down the pan.

He even has the gall to suggest that the event is 'for the whole country'.

If so, why not hold it in Brum?

The logo fee was £400K...unbelievable.

Inspired by the manic TV 'Tiswas' emblem of the 70's apparently......how appropriate.

A chap on a 'phone-in' last night said he would have done a better one for £2.50, whilst sat on the throne!

Cheers

Robt P.

Just looked at it from the tiz waz angle and yes there it is!!!!!

;)

Given that it has taken numerous years to build the 1 Wembley Stadium, what do you think the chances are of them building the Olympic Stadium, Road Links, Accommodation, Training tracks etc etc all before the opening ceremony date(which will not be moved)???

Shortage of skills, unions, health & safety - don't make me laugh.

I'd be willing to take a £100 bet - any takers?

Already too late for the transport links...See my earlier posts

Will this be the 1st 'cancelled' Olympics, I wonder???

Cheers

Robt P.

Seb Coe strikes again!....we've got 5 more years of this !englandflag!

"...A segment of animated footage promoting the 2012 Olympic Games has been removed from the organisers' website after fears it could trigger epileptic fits.

Prof Graham Harding, who developed the test used to measure photo-sensitivity levels in TV material, said it should not be broadcast again.

Charity Epilepsy Action said it had received calls from people who had suffered fits after seeing it.

Organisers London 2012 said it will re-edit the film.

The new logo for the event, which is a jagged emblem based on the date 2012, was unveiled on Monday..."

Cheers

Robt P.