Forest: new £50 million stadium

'Jumpers for goal posts, isn't it, mmmm'.

Perhaps you're right Scriv, it was far more atmospheric to get splinters off the old telegraph poles that they used as crowd barriers at Meadow Lane before the Man U fans ripped them up and threw them at the dilapidated Main Stand. A lot more fun for the West Brom fans to kick the rotting timbers off the East Stand into the road or onto the pitch. Nice for Jack Charlton to lose his World Cup winners medal in a fire at an ill conceived and outdated Forest Main Stand, which was full of asbestos.

Sorry but I think that some of these new stadia are magnificent, some of the awfull rubbish that we had to endure in the past was horrendous, my worst nightmare was having to go to the old Wembley, it was terrible, I gave up going in the end, it was well past it's sell by date, and an embarresment to the so called cradle of football.

Having said all that, there used to be little timeless icons that should have been saved, the bar in the little south stand at Meadow Lane was one of them, and I recall all sorts of oddities and footballing experiences I had around the country, Huddersfield, Oldham spring to mind as interesting, and the pie shop at Leyton Orient, that was something else, I bet it's gone now, who knows. It's hard to balance the past with the future isn't it.

Methinks you're missing Scrivs point again Firbeck, he's talking about the "Content" of the ground, ie D*rby County

I think not, besides, everyone is entitled to support their local team, don't knock it, I even have a sad family across the road who walk around in Ipswich shirts, thats as far as it gets these days, they gave up after the first match of the season, still wear the shirts though, but the Roy Keane portrait seems to have vanished off the living room wall.

How long do you give him, 2 weeks more I reckon before Sven takes over, well, Ipswich is a big club with potential.

• 4 years later...