Anagrams I Love Um...

B) As the Topic suggests Anagrams i love um. B)

B) For many years, i have been doing Crosswords, in the Daily's as well as the local rags, and i find Anagrams fascinating. I don't always complete a Crossword but when i do i feel a great sense of accomplishment.

It all started back in the 60s when i first started work at fifteen, i wasn't a great reader at school, but when i started work everyone seemed to have a Daily paper, so as you do you borrow someones to read well in my case to look at, that's when it all started, every paper had a Crossword in, i read the clues and i found that i knew most of the answers, so i thought to myself i'm not as thick as i thought i was, it was just my spelling that was letting me down. So over the years doing Crosswords and Anagrams has helped me to educate myself aswell as to spell.... :D Well nearly, i still have to spell check on some words. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: All that out of the way i thought we could have some fun with words and their Anagrams of that word. So lets get started. These words are all game show titles mixed up, so sort them to make the show title.

B) (1) EGO OF THE CENTURY.

B) (2) A FAME SHIP I PLY.

B) (3) NAT HIM.

B) (4) A LARCH DIRTY GO PURSY.

B) (5) THONGED HE LOST.

post-25-1103718574_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
Black ice Picasso Posted: Dec 22 2004, 12:29 PM  

As the Topic suggests Anagrams i love um. 

For many years, i have been doing Crosswords, in the Daily's as well as the local rags, and i find Anagrams fascinating. I don't always complete a Crossword but when i do i feel a great sense of accomplishment.

It all started back in the 60s when i first started work at fifteen, i wasn't a great reader at school, but when i started work everyone seemed to have a Daily paper, so as you do you borrow someones to read well in my case to look at, that's when it all started, every paper had a Crossword in, i read the clues and i found that i knew most of the answers, so i thought to myself i'm not as thick as i thought i was, it was just my spelling that was letting me down. So over the years doing Crosswords and Anagrams has helped me to educate myself aswell as to spell....  Well nearly, i still have to spell check on some words. 

All that out of the way i thought we could have some fun with words and their Anagrams of that word. So lets get started. These words are all game show titles mixed up, so sort them to make the show title.

(1) EGO OF THE CENTURY.

(2) A FAME SHIP I PLY.

(3) NAT HIM.

(4) A LARCH DIRTY GO PURSY.

(5) THONGED HE LOST.

:blink: So lets hope this bump gets the motor going :blink:

:D No excusses now the Turkey's all gone. :rolleyes:

:angry: OK, i can take a hint, no one wants to play, or is it they are to hard. :angry:

post-25-1105470702_thumb.jpg

:angry: The answers....

Generation Game.

Happy Families.

Hitman.

Play Your Cards Right.

Punchlines.

The Golden Shot. :angry:

post-25-1105715833_thumb.jpg

rorys pib!..  lony sujt diceont ti :huh:

ilko..

"Sorry Bip!... Only just Noticed it :huh:"

oikl

These are all too clever fer me, I only went to TB ya know, not Mundella ;)

:D My Daughter has a brand new pram, the wheels they whine and squeek, i promised i will oil them soon, but not until next week. :D

:D ilko :D

post-25-1105805110_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just for you Den cause you like em !

I've just been given this (well not given it cost me 50p to Radford boys boxing club ) so I thought I'd share it with you.

I don't have the answers but I'm sure that between us we'll get there.

Anagrams of TV programmes recently seen on BBCI & 2, ITV & Channel 4

1. DEFINRS (7)

2. ACEFHORTX (3,1,6)

3. BEHILLT (3,4)

4. BBBDEEHILORTU (3,3,7)

5. AACLISTUV (8)

6. AACDEFHHMOTTY (5,2,3,3)

7. AAABEEHIIILLMNNOOORSTTWW (3,5,2,2,1,1 1 )

8. ABDEEEEFMNORUFV (5,4,6)

9. AADDEELLNOOR (4,2,2,4)

10. ADEEENRSST (10)

11. AEFGINOOPRSSS (5,2,6)

12. ADEEELMMR (9)

13. AABGHINNRTU (7,4)

14. AAACEEEEGI KNNPPPPRSU (7,2,1 1)

15. CEIIRRTVY (5,4)

16. ACEEINNOOORRSTTT (9,6)

17. EHIMNOPSSST (3,8)

18. ALNOTWYZ (4,4)

19. EELMNOOOSW (5,5)

20. BEEELPRTU (4,5)

21. ABEEHHHNNOOOORRSSSTUW (3,6,8,4)

22. ADEHHIKNOOOORTUUWYY (3,2,3,5,3,3)

23. CEGHIKNR (8)

24. AEFINOOOPQRSSTTU (1,8,2,5)

25 ABCDEHNOOOOSSTWWY (5,3,6,3)

26. AEEIKKLNSTW (7,4)

27. AAAEEEILMNNPRRSSTY (2,7,3,6)

28. BEGHINORSU (10)

29. AAEHNOORTTTWW (4,3,2,4)

30. DENNORSUW (9)

• 2 months later...

Sorry red but I have just come across you posting, when you posted I was going through a tough time with my wife as most people know and wasn't able everyday to log on. Now that i have spotted it i will do my best to complete your list. :Friends: