Ayup all,

Paid a visit to the city of my birth today, met a mate from Leicestershire to show him round, great day had by both of us, a visit to Brewhouse yard followed by a drink in the Trip followed by a visit to the castle. the city has changed a lot since I lived there but the old tourist routes are still there, sorry to see Garners Hill being buried under more concrete, tried to explain to my mate the three hills, Garners,Middle and Drury but with them all gone and the view disrupted by new buildings it was impossible to get the view across Broad marsh and Narrow marsh as I remember them, still nice to visit the city as a tourist.

Rog.

ps NCP car park in front of the Midland station only £4.50 for 7 hours

Ayup Beefy,

No didn't go on the "eye" much better views from the castle wall, me mate wanted to go on it, but he's led a sheltered life and the excitement of being locked in a glass bowl high above the city might have unbalanced him for the rest of the day. Seriously though it was a great day out made all the more special by being a tourist

Cheers

Rog