Insomnia sufferers needed for new study in Notts

I am currently looking for people who suffer from insomnia (whatever the cause) to take part in a study. I'm investigating the effects of different types of Sound Therapy on Insomnia.

Sound Therapy is an energy medicine and uses resonance and frequency to make positive changes within the body. It is relaxing and enjoyable, and has had positive results for many ailments. I'm now researching which of the Sound Therapy treatments I offer is the most effective in helping people combat insomnia. I use tuning forks, Native American drumming and Sanskrit Mantra.

If you suffer from insomnia and would like the chance of some FREE help, then please get in touch. Taking part will involve receiving three treatments over three weeks; it is safe, and non-invasive.

More information on what happens during a treatment can be found at www.spiralling.co.uk/soundtherapy.html.

To book your place in the study, please email nicola@xxxxxx.co.uk

Thanks for reading!

Legal stuff:

Nicola is currently researching her dissertation for the Certificate in Sound Therapy with the British Academy of Sound Therapy. She will be the first person in the UK to have this fully accredited qualification. Nicola is a member of the Institute of Complementary Medicine and is listed on the British Register of Complementary Practitioners. She is fully insured.

For this research, treatment is completely free. No charge.

I do however, treat people outside of my research. Those are paying customers and the price list on the website is for paying customers.

So, those taking part in the research will be receiving £100 worth of treatment free of charge.

The trouble is half the guys on here get paid to stay awake all night - DJing!

Still it's interesting research and anyone who can't sleep should check it out while the offer stands.

PS - mantras are always in Sanskrit, I work with them a lot in my own job!

PS - mantras are always in Sanskrit, I work with them a lot in my own job!

except those that are in Tibetan, although I admit, they are few and far between :) I've also seen practitioners create mantra for specific tasks using Hebrew ... (doesn't have quite the same flow to it though!)

Well - as far as I know they have to be from the Vedas and in Sankrit because that's God's own sound. Of course you can chant in any language you like - they do it at the Britannia Ground in Stoke every Saturday! So it's not about efficacy - just nit-picking really! imsorry

:smile: Sometimes it's good to nit-pick. I only use Sanskrit as it goes, but specified in my original post, because lots of people wouldn't have a clue what I meant by mantra (though thinking about it, if they didn't know, adding the word "Sanskrit" probably wouldn't make them any the wiser either!)

:smile: Sometimes it's good to nit-pick. I only use Sanskrit as it goes, but specified in my original post, because lots of people wouldn't have a clue what I meant by mantra (though thinking about it, if they didn't know, adding the word "Sanskrit" probably wouldn't make them any the wiser either!)

No - but I bet it keeps them awake at night thinking about it! !cheers!

I teach a little yoga over here in Cheshire - been at it for the last 20 years now! (did have a proper job for a while as well!) I was trained (partly) by a guy called Desikachar and his dad was Krishnamacharya - He's worth checking out!

Sorry........

Cant really help with the research.

After a few Harvest Pales or similar on a night I drift off to sweet dream land with no bother.

Perhaps you should try it, and then change the subject of your Dissitation to - 'Harvest Pale and it's many benefits'

Any comments Den??

!sleeping!