Anybody read his award-winning book ? Not read it myself but understand it is an excellent read.I remember Duncan during my Nottingham days (1975-1986) when he worked for the Nottingham Evening Post.He was a customer of ours and also I recall talking to him in the pub one Friday night.Nice guy.I understand he now works for the Yorkshire Post and even has an entry on Wikipedia.Good luck to him.

I assume you are on about the Brian Clough book Russ? because if you are ,then my father in law has just finished reading it and is passing it on to me on my next trip over there (This afternoon)

World of strange coincidence or what??

I assume you are on about the Brian Clough book Russ? because if you are ,then my father in law has just finished reading it and is passing it on to me on my next trip over there (This afternoon)

World of strange coincidence or what??

Hi Beefy,Sorry ,forgot to mention the title - " Provided You Don't Kiss Me." We are of course talking about the same book.Enjoy the read !

I have a signed copy and can confirm it's a tremendous read, Russ. Duncan was in Nottingham recently giving a talk about it at The Broadway Media Centre which attracted a few hundred people. There can hardly be anyone better placed to tell the story of Cloughie's time at Forest as he was there for fully twenty years on the scene. It's easily the best book about Brian Clough I've read.

I had a conversation with Duncan Hamilton when he rang me at home a couple of weeks back. A very nice chap, he called in conjunction with his research for a new book he is writing about Notts CCC and England legend, Harold Larwood. The book will be out in around six months. Followers of local sport will be pleased to hear that he is also planning a book about Sir Garfield Sobers too amongst other projects. Duncan is now asst. editor of The Yorkshire Post I understand.

I have a signed copy and can confirm it's a tremendous read, Russ. Duncan was in Nottingham recently giving a talk about it at The Broadway Media Centre which attracted a few hundred people. There can hardly be anyone better placed to tell the story of Cloughie's time at Forest as he was there for fully twenty years on the scene. It's easily the best book about Brian Clough I've read.

I had a conversation with Duncan Hamilton when he rang me at home a couple of weeks back. A very nice chap, he called in conjunction with his research for a new book he is writing about Notts CCC and England legend, Harold Larwood. The book will be out in around six months. Followers of local sport will be pleased to hear that he is also planning a book about Sir Garfield Sobers too amongst other projects. Duncan is now asst. editor of The Yorkshire Post I understand.

Thanks for the info,Stu.I remember watching a dramatisation on Harold Larwood probably in the late 80's/early 90's featuring,of course,the " Bodyline " tour under captain Douglas Jardine.The book on cricket legend Gary Sobers should be a good read.As you say nobody is better placed than Duncan to write about Cloughie.So that's 3 of Duncan's books on my " wanted " list ! Regards, Russ

Thanks for the info,Stu.I remember watching a dramatisation on Harold Larwood probably in the late 80's/early 90's featuring,of course,the " Bodyline " tour under captain Douglas Jardine.The book on cricket legend Gary Sobers should be a good read.As you say nobody is better placed than Duncan to write about Cloughie.So that's 3 of Duncan's books on my " wanted " list ! Regards, Russ

The programme was called "Bodyline" and I have just started on the book ...so far "young man " it's O.K.

Apparently there is a really good book about Douglas Jardine kicking around, Russ.

Duncan spoke well of the book 'Damned United' and I have heard other people recommend this book. It's a fictional account of Brian's forty-four days at Leeds United. Not appreciated by Cloughie's family I understand but it does sound interesting.

Here's an account of when Duncan Hamilton appeared with others at Lowdham Book Festival last year. A really good night.

http://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2007/08/10...clough-evening/