Obviously I'll be playing lots of the stuff from Petes list, Oh, Pete, there are some songs youve listed which I dont ever recall hearing , then again, I just might have missed them if I was in the graveyard/ Royal Children! :Friends:

I'm so glad you put that bit Craig , as there are a few I don't know too , and I didn't want to show my ignorance!! !clapping!

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which tracks don't you know?.

Will try and come to your night at the Polish club Craig..if you can confirm the date then I can check if I'm down to work and need to book a night off.

pete c....still riding a vespa

My unknowns

The Entertainer..Tony Clarke

Oh How Happy..Shades Of Blue

Open The Door To Your Heart..Darrell Banks

The Entertainer by Tony Clarke was on Chess records..very difficult to get hold of at one time

Oh How Happy by Shades Of Blue was on Sue records..Edwin Starr and Blinky did a version of it..maybe there's was the original one.

Open The Door To Your Heart was on Stateside records..came out in 66..great tune and picked up again by the Northern Soul crowd.

Boys, it looks like youve misinterpreted what what i wrote, I put I didnt hear them at The Dungeon, cos I was elsewhere, round the corner in the graveyard, or up at " The Kids" Not that I didnt know them, cos being a smart arse, I do! !jumping!

Sorry Beefy! and, those tracks you dont know are brilliant songs, especially the Darrel Banks one which I have on his debut lp on Atco, which also has things like Our love is in the pocket, a big Northern track, and Angel Baby also done by Stevie Wonder.

Pete, as it stands 25th Oct is definitely the date for the do, it would be great to meet you, and see if either of us knows the other!

I have some other cd's that I have done for two clubs I worked at between 1966-68...if you go to the Old Radford section..look in Crossed Keys Club and you will see the track details..anyone wants a copy they are FREE..just like the Dungeon ones...just let me know..cos so far only Beefsteak has asked for them..there's no catch..I happy to share old memories with old mods!!!

Boys, it looks like youve misinterpreted what what i wrote, I put I didnt hear them at The Dungeon, cos I was elsewhere, round the corner in the graveyard, or up at " The Kids" Not that I didnt know them, cos being a smart arse, I do! !jumping!

Sorry Beefy! and, those tracks you dont know are brilliant songs, especially the Darrel Banks one which I have on his debut lp on Atco, which also has things like Our love is in the pocket, a big Northern track, and Angel Baby also done by Stevie Wonder.

Pete, as it stands 25th Oct is definitely the date for the do, it would be great to meet you, and see if either of us knows the other!

Cheers Craig ( you ratbag) Just me being the thicky twin then . Mind you ,you are both a lot older than me...............LOL

!jumping!

Ian S ...........still riding his pushchair

I saw Zoot Money earlier this year with the British Blues Quintet. It was an excellent gig - recommended if you get a chance to see them. The full ine up is:

Maggie Bell (Stone The Crows), Colin Hodgkinson (Back Door & Spencer Davis Group), Miller Anderson (Keef Hartley Band & Spencer Davis Group) Zoot Money (Big Roll Band) and Colin Allen (Stone The Crows).

Saw Zoot Money on a tv program about a year ago..singing with Georgie Fame...Zoot also played at the Dungeon in 1966..Andy Somers who later joined The Police was a member of the Big Roll Band..when I say he joined the police I mean the group..not he became a copper!!!

Hey I'm still a Spring chicken mate!!!!

pete c..still riding a vespa and overtaking pushchairs

Me too! Dont forget I was actually too young to be allowed in The Dungeon by rights! Edit to add : Pete, just left you a begging note in the Crossed Keys section, and , do I recall Robert Parker doing a gig at the Dungeon? I know The Spellbinders did cos I can remember that one at least!.....And dont you think Chain Reaction sounds like the start of The way You Do The Things You Do by The Temps?

Hey had some great times in the Beachcomber too.. last summer I took a walk past where it used to be..called Lizard Lounge or something now.

Craig be a pleasure to do the cd's for you..do you want the 3 Dungeon ones as well as the Crossed Keys..just let me know..can post them or meet up and give them too you.

I was 16 when I first went down the Dungeon early 1966..which means that I'm 58 now..59 in July!!!!

When I started this thread, I asked who knew Stu Morris, obviously theres loads of names that I cant remember from back then, but im gonna drop a few names and maybe schools they went to here, in the hope we can make some kind of contact, it certainly worked with Stu and Jan!

So, Graham Asher, Claremont, Jimmy Cockayne, John Ossolt? dont know how his last name was spelt but it certainly sounded the way ive spelt it here, he was also known as Randy, and had a Lambretta I recall. Trev whose folks ran the Basford social club around 66, 67. he also had a Lambretta, was it an SX 150?

Thats all I can think of for now, but feel free to put your mates/associates names in to see if they ring a bell with anyone else.

Some faces that I went down there with..Rob Pate..last heard of living in America..Harry Everson....Radford guys..Alan Edwards, Johnnie Hudson?..Ray ?..second name escapes me at the moment..two guys I worked with at Rolls Royce..Tommy Juffs.a boxer...and Dick Stevenson..also Diana who I've mentioned on here before!!!!

Beefsteak..have posted the cd's off to you this afternoon..had to put them in two packages..sent 2nd class so will maybe take a few days to get to you..have tried to make sure they don't arrive damaged but from experience of ordering cd's myself often it's the plastic case that usually gets it..but they are cheap enough to buy from any computer shop if you have to replace any..hope not...and hope you enjoy listening to them..especially the ones you don't know.

Thank you very much Pete I am looking forward to anoying my miserable b45t4rd of a neighbour!!!

Ian S .........today driving his lawn mower

the beachcomber was a fantastic club attached to the Ad lib......( can anyone remember Gwen the manager ).....Jimmy Hendrix, Jimmy Cliff and Jimmy James were the acts to see at the beachcomber......what about the cool cat bar.............................the place is now the lizard lounge Pete

the beachcomber was a fantastic club attached to the Ad lib......( can anyone remember Gwen the manager ).....Jimmy Hendrix, Jimmy Cliff and Jimmy James were the acts to see at the beachcomber......what about the cool cat bar.............................the place is now the lizard lounge Pete

Hi hippo girl was going to take some photo's of the place but not really much to see..would have parked my trusty vespa outside but it's a pedestrian area only now.

I remember that car park..didn't meet any "young ladies" there though..often had trouble getting in the Beachcomber because I was too young..sometimes I got in and sometimes I didn't..don't know if you can remember but they use to let us young uns in on a Sunday afternoon..saw Chris Farlowe on one of those he was fantastic..when I went back to try and see him again for the evening show they wouldn't let me in!!..I was almost 17 then..never had that kind of problem at the Dungeon

Use to take "young ladies"..round the corner from the Beachcomber..think it's called Broadway..some nice secluded doorways there!!!!

I remember being chased through the Lacemarket when all that was there was literally The Beachcomber and loads of factories,

must have been rockers, and someone shouted "run, hes got a shooter!" and we went hell for leather, whether or not the "shooter" actually existed I dont know, but it was enough to scare the sh1t out of us!