Hitchcock anyone??

We were out in the garden pruning this afternoon and these appeared on the roof and nearby telegraph pole

latestkids045.jpg

latestkids047.jpg

The rest of our roof was covered but the y flew when i stood back to get them 'in picture'

Do you think they were looking for any grubs we may have turned up ??

Starlings gather in larger and larger groups this time of year.Eventually joining up into gigantic flocks some of which I saw years back....an incredible sight.

Take a few minutes and watch this....

Paul.

I have actually seen the swarming on several occations , the first two or three were at Slimbridge WWF and the next few times locally (Probably the ancestors of these very birds) Until the neighbour had to cut down the Laylandii (Can't spell it don't care !!) where they flocked to roost of an evening ;because the cars and houses where always white the next morning , (Guano) It was bad , I am a birder , but I did feel for the neighbours on this occation !!

At least you've still got some, Beefy!

Here in the Deep South they all seem to have gone South. Just a few old crows around. We used to have a great dawn chorus, now silence.

Maybe they joined the bees?

Didn't they used to take a Canary down a mine? When he croaked, watch out! Humans were probably next. Hmmmmm!

Dave