Not Nottingham as such, but as I was on another thread - this occured to me.

Does anyone believe in Inherited memories / dreams etc ?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I do have vivid dreams, I always have done.

I had one the other night, I can't remember the exact details but I was at me mum and dads house in Wollaton, what was strange was that the action took place around the front gate, the thing was, it was the old red painted wooden gate that was replaced by a wrought iron job after I left home 30 odd years ago, my psyche obviously couldn't relate to that one, even though I've been opening and closing the blooming thing to park my car for the past 30 years, brain cells obviously kicked in to reveal my childhood comfort zone, what would Mr Freud have to say about that.

Ayup Bazzer,

For some strange reason I can remember there being a pump house where the town arms pub (don't know what it's called now) is near to Trent bridge, sort of stone building with a tall stone chimney, now unless I'm well over 100 years old how can this be?

Rog

That’s the sort of thing that makes me wonder about this phenomena,,,,,

I used to dream about bomb-sites,,,, derelict buildings etc,,,,, non that I can recall when awake.

Everyone I talk to about it have similar stories,,,,

Obviously our very ‘building blocks’ are from our families inc: DNA / blood / body shapes etc – the shape, size & function of our livers, hearts, kidlies, and BRAIN. If we inherit all the structures,,,, why not the memories ?

sorry if this topic is a bit deeeep !

I often feel ,when travelling through the villages in Oxfordshire where my mum was raised, that I am home , for some strange reason.

I have never lived there or spent more than 8 hours there either.!!

Strangely enough, all my inherited 'dreams' are 'City' or 'Town' scapes,,,,,,

I've lived in Cornwall since 1970,,,, done a lot of growing up here,,,, had tons & tons of good times & great 'normal' memories,,,,,, but hardly ever have dreams of seaside etc,,,,,

the 'other' kind of dreams seem to be when I'm in really deep sleep (not that I manage a lot of that nowadays) & seem to be early 20th century.

Come on folks,,,,, it can't just be us few,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,