Twitchers go wild.

I’m surprised you twitches aren’t beside your selves with delight on the proposed introduction of the Sea Eagle by the RSPB on the southeast coast of Norfolk.

It once was a common sight but died out in the country many years ago.

Farmers are showing concern because it has an eight foot wingspan and can take newly born lambs at ease.

Government spokesman has said that farmers will be compensated for any lose of livestock.

Reintroduction of sea eagle in Norfolk Link.

Bip.

I don't know why the farmers are that bothered Bip, SE Norfolk is going to be abandoned to the sea, non of the defences are to be repaired and it will be inundated, I'm sure that the sea eagles will have a lovely time.

What a gorgeous bird the Sea Eagles. I had one years ago, called "Bluey". It was a majestic sight watching her float around on the thermals (,,,, no - not the underwear !?)

Personally I'd love to see them re-introduced (likewise the European Eagle Owl). I'd like to see all lost wildlife re-introduced,,,, as long as we know why they were wiped out previously. Snow good re introducing them if they are going to die out through natural causes.

Coming down the scale, I also used to breed Barn Owls (bought a magnificent pair from the top of Foxhill on my last visit to Notts). People wanted to buy the off-spring - and knowing that the species is dying out, wanted to release them into the wild,,,,,,, they couldn't understand that it is ill-eagle (tee hee) to do so. It's a shame of course, that some of the people forgot to close their aviary doors sometimes,,,, & the birds 'managed' to escape.

From my point of view, I'm not totally in favour of releasing captive bred BoP into the wild,,,, not least of which is the minority of which survive.

Snot so bad if you've got the time to build them up,,, 'teach' them,,, non-imprint etc etc

What happened about the thought of re-introducing the E.Eagle Owl ?

The last I heard, it had been 'proven' that they were indigenous to Britain - which was the main stumbling block if I remember it right. It's another bird which the farmers are against, due to size,,,, it would be terrible if they went the same way as the peregrine !?

If they use the same source that they did to reintroduce them to Scotland , they are sourced from wild birds in Norway

Back in a bit got to go shopping!!

A couple of Eagle Owls escaped from captivity round here a few years ago and have been living happily ever after. One of them came leisurely flying over the garden in the summer, I wondered what the hell it was, incredible sight.

There are a pair of EEOs that breed anually on an army base in Yorkshire (I think) Not Catterick though more of a rugged terain . I saw them on some programme on the telly last year.