Has anyone had this download forced apon them over the last week or so.

It suddenly appeared on my computer without any of us agreeing to it or downloading it, and yes, initially, it was very fast, but eventually totally buggered up my computer. I spent yesterday and the day before wondering what the hell was going on and why everything was crashing. As soon as I removed it last night and had the computer do a 2 hour self correction check on itself this morning, everything seems to have gone back to normal.

I spoke to my mate in Newark this morning, who told me that his son had warned him not to have anything to do with it, I've complained to Google but haven't had a response yet, they were upset that I was getting rid of it, or was it them? Anyone else had this thing inflicted on them, is it just another virus created by sick people who quite frankly want flame throwers targetted on their bollocks, or have Google made a big cock up.

I downloaded Google Chrome a while ago and it is a lot faster then Internet Explorer, but I can't watch any racing replay videos with it.

I have since downloaded Mozilla Firefox, which is quicker than either although taking me a little while to get used to it.

If Google Chrome is likely to be a problem I will get rid of it.

Thanks for the warning.

Martyn.

Following on from that first comment, my computer has been operating perfectly since I got rid of Google Chrome. Yesterday day it took me 2 hours to get the thing to work, so far this morning, everything has gone like clockwork, I shall contact Google again to find out what has happened, they obviously have a problem with it.

I too had problems with it.

It loaded its-self on my machine many months ago,,,,,,,, I can't recall the exact problems now,,,, but as an avid computer user, it really got on my t*ts.

I remarked some problems on a Help Forum, & straight away a couple of replies said "sounds like you got chromed !"

I deleted it straight away, & everything went back to normal.

Every time I go onto google now, I see the logo,,,, but at least it's now a choice,,,, not just added 'automatically.