View New Posts search error

View New Posts

You may see some topics apearing in the list that are 4 years old.

I am awaiting for a reply from IPB Support on the cause for this.

Please do not reply to these for the time being (as they will then become recent)

Can anyone else see these in the list?

Old topics appearing after recent active topics search.

Yesterday, I noticed 2 year old topics apearing in the list under 'View New Posts' (last Week)

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?sh...pic=619&hl=

In the list, last post shows as Yesterday, 09:32 PM (When it was made Apr 5 2005, 10:07 PM)

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?sh...pic=102&hl=

In the list last post shows as Yesterday, 09:31 PM (When it was made Feb 25 2005, 02:50 PM)

What is causing this?

All the old ones I am seeing involve a poll of some sort. Also, opening them (but not replying) does not make them go away, as it would with a normal post.

There are two at the moment - one regarding how the reader discovered Nottstalgia, the other regarding a Nottstalgia meet starting at the Trip.

HTH

I upgraded to IE8 just before this happened

So its not just me

IPB support were in the Admin control panel, last time I looked.

Reply from IPB Support...

Hello,

The view new posts includes replies. I see that the latest reply to the first topic you mentioned was 06/17/09 at 3:32pm - so even though the topic was made in 2005, the reply is new, and so it shows on the view new posts page.

Is it me or do neither of the above threads contain a post mor recent than 2004 2005?

Could a new member be plodding through our back catologue and have come across these polls and then voted in them , thus making them live with no new posts , it happenes in that topic regarding a blue plaque for "Tug Wilson"

I'm glad you posted this, cos I was going to post and ask whether anyone else was seeing really old topics.

I'm just pleased it wasnt my browser