I suppose this is aimed at Mick as I think he's just moved host, but if anyone else knows the answer then it would be much appreciated.

I've moved my website the other day from a host in the US to one in the UK. We were experiencing problems in getting them to talk to us about certain things, and we decided it was best to get someone who was on the same office hours as us. So we backed up our stuff, and moved it to the new host.

How long does it take for the site to become available (or found) again? I can get my site from home, but not from work... someone else can pick up the site from their work but not from home.

And would we need to set up our email accounts again, or should they transfer over as-is?

Thanks a bunch for any help/advice

From the little I know about this (I set up our office network and e-mail accounts) when moving hosts, the domain server names change, therefore, you need to put the new server details into your e-mail account and web page.

Basically, when you click on 'get new mail' or the web site, your desktop computer looks for the server where the information is - in your case, that will be the old server.

It will be 2 sets of numbers, such as 145.235.112.247, but I would expect that your new host would provide all of this information

As Franks says, your domain name changes and it takes a little time for things to get straight. ANYONE looking for a good reliable and to top it off FREE website host, try 110mb.com, 5gigs of space, tons of monthly bandwidth, you can upgrade for a low monthly premium, NO ADS!!! But they allow YOU to advertise if you wish, backup forum to answer questions. Can't go wrong!! I've been with them since it was 110mbs of space, now my site is approaching 100mbs, so glad of the recent upgrade to 5gigs. All in all, the best host I've had a personal website on.

If You had told me before I would have given you FREE hosting

Free Web Hosting for ACTIVE Nottstalgia Members.

Sorry for the delayed reply... been one of those weekends.

I didnt feel I'd been here long enough to ask... but thanks for the offer anyway. As my site currently stands it uses quite a bit of bandwidth, and I hope that it will get bigger/more bandwidth over time.

It took until today for my workplace to catch-up with the move... can you imagine actually having to work all day instead of surfing the net ;)

Again, thanks for the offer