Amen Corner Bathley Street?

Anyone remember this Pentacostal Church.

Made out of green corrugated iron.

The music was nearly on par with Santa Fe'

I have a feeling it burned down at the end.

You might remember it as there was a Tuffy shop on the oposite corner.

Me old mate 'Mush' Alseybrook lived nearby.

What happened to him?

Amen Corner is just to the left of the Bus Depot

post-10-1111484338_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi new member here, just read the Amen corner post, I was christened there 53 years ago this month. apparently it was snowing hard all day and the "church" as it was then was lit by candle light. I lived just up the road at No 47 for the next 7 years then went to Clifton. PS great web site, bringing back loads of memories. Cheers Roger.

Welcome Roger

We look forward to your memories of Nottingham.

Thanks for Bumping the Topic.

I think there is a new building there now.

We need a picture adding if anyone is passing.

53 years ago? Did you go to Trent Bridge?

Hi MIck

Thanks for the welcome, Did'nt go to Trent Bridge but started off at Colligate, My Granny lived across the road on Wilford grove behind and above the old shop I think it was the coop, After leaving the Meadows we went to Clifton estate and my granny moved into our old house on Bathley street from Wilford grove, I remember the bush sheds on the corner of Bathley and Bunbury streets with the tram lines coming from Trent bridge terminus along Bunbury street and into the sheds. got the old soap box cart wheelsstuck in them one day and ended up in the pit, a kind fitter repaired the cart (trolly) for me in the workshop there, guess I'd be about 6 then so must have been 1958. I'll see if the grey cells will kick into life and come up with some more memories, and will post when time allows.