Digicam Conundrums!

I received a digicam for xmas and I've very rarely used it.

I have no problem transferring the content onto dvd attached to the telly, but transferring to the pc is another matter and is giving me a headache.. can anyone help re the best software to use, and also the best method of connection.?

I've read the manual but it contains about 500 pages and written in Hebrew!

please help! - muchos gracious!

ilko..!

Ilko, What camera is it?.....when you say digicam, do you mean a stills digital camera or a digital camcorder?

You should at least have been supplied with a USB lead which plugs in the USB hole of your PC after you have installed the software that will have come on the CD in the box. That's certainly the case with the Kodak camera I got last year.

Also a really easy way to transfer pix from the camera is to insert the memory card from it into a card reader on your pc if it's fitted with one.

hi Bob..

it's a Samsung digital camcorder VP-D323..

I can connect it through a usb connection and transfer the contents of the memory card no problem.. but when I try to transfer the content stored on the tape this is where the problem arises.. i've tried various methods of transfer, even connecting it to the tv card in the pc, and at one stage thought I'd cracked it.. but the sound was out of sync.

what do you recommend?

ilko..

B) Hi Ilko, i use Pinnacle Studio, version 9 for all my Video Editing. It's costly but worth it, also i have Ulead movie maker installed too, they are just two of many which are out there. Both these allows you to make dvds or vcds, but Pinnacle is the best for creating a movie with all the transitions and menus that you need for a professional looking movie. Try their web site below..

Pinnacles Studio 9v

I too have Samsung Mini DV camera VP-D70

Excellent though I did have to hack it to enable DV in.

I have a number of vcr tapes featuring me in a Fly on the wall documentary,

which I would like to convert to DVD. also to some computer format WMV or MPEG?

Anyone any ides on that?

re converting the vcr tape to dvd:

if you had one of those stand alone dvd recorders which attach to the tv, it would merely be a matter of linking the vcr via the aux channel to the the dvd recorder. the result being the dvd would also be playable on your pc.

the only drawback I find is editing the output, as the resultant video becomes embedded with its own menu system, and is a pain to dissect and edit... but fine if you just need to view it!

ilko..

B) I have AVerMedia EZCapture installed which allows you to download the data from a tape directly onto your hard drive Via conections from a tape recorder to a capture card which you install in your computer. Then your will need a video editing program like Pinnacle to do the editing....

Their web site....below

AVerMedia EZCapture

those capture cards sound good, I'll certainly be looking into one of those!

and the Pinnacle 9 has sorted the prob with the DV transfer, I've just produced the first video.avi and have viewed it from the pc! B)

so it's a big thanks for that one bip, I owe you one!

ilko..