New Footie Ground?

Maybe it's just me but what is this obsession with wanting a new stadium? Not on about NFFC in particular but with a stadium already of premiership quality (and with a monster debt still on it in time of recession etc) is it just another case of Nottingham wanting to show off? as per the trams?

Can sympathise with Leicester's disappointment as they do have an already built stadium, but even that would have had equiv of a small countries national debt spent on it to "modernise" it had they been succesful, As for Derby, well who wants to visit an industrial estate so no surprise there. And all this before the venue of The World Cup even known? IF we get it I hate to think what the bill for updating Wembley will be!

The world's gone mad!

Have to agree...

Often wondered why this modern trend arose. If the thinking revolved around increased spectators it would be more understandable, but 'bums on seats' rarely - if ever - is presented as a factor. Reckon most new grounds only offer a marginal improvement in facilities to the paying spectator.

Perhaps it relates to tax breaks/local subsidies/grants etc?

Cheers

Robt P.

Don't worry, the World Cup will be played at those centres of footballing excellence, Milton Keynes and Plymouth, can't wait for that. Lets not forget that the oldest football stand in the world was at Wolverton, Milton Keynes, until their local authority allowed it to be knocked down recently, typical LA 'in your back pocket' planning scum.

A further opportunity to block the reopening of the Grantham Canal perhaps. Don't worry, if everyones instincts are correct there could be a vacant site nearer to the city centre at a place called Meadow Lane.

It makes me laugh, MK stadium for the world cup (Not been but I think it only seats 10,000) and as for the stupid idea of trekking all the way to Plymouth to watch a footie match does not fill me with glad tidings of great joy!! Who are they going to make play there ?? Trinidad and Tobago Vs North Korea springs to mind. And I'm not being nepotistic but Meadow lane seats 22000 easily!!! so why not knock Plymouth on the head and play more matches in Nottingham??? (Nice and central)

Mind you in saying that , I hope to be living down there in the not too distant future!!, so shut up Ian, and welcome the Johnny foreigners to Home Park