Yet another stunning victory maintains Notts' march on Wembley. In front of a packed crowd they triumphed 2-1 against strong opposition and a biased,possibly bribed referee with "Hughes for England" grabbing the winner

Are you sure you weren't watching the Man U / City game ???

I mean come on , even as a neutral I could see it wasn't a penalty, and the second goal came from a corner that I (Sat in my local ) was closer to than any Man U players !!!

Ah well could be worse:-

http://uk.eurosport....ompetition.html

And look on the bright side Ashley, we have got further than United , Liverpool and Forest in this years competition!!

And Wigan!

Shouldn't that be 'And Wigan?'

Some people are never satisfied, they won and that's that, the FA Cup is a great leveller as Liverpool will tell you. I recall a home defeat by a non league side back in the 60's that was contraversial at the time, can't remember who it was though, I know my old man didn't speak for a while afterwards, anyone know who and when?

Incidentally Beefsteak, do you think that the German ref had just been watching a certain World Cup Final.

do you think that the German ref had just been watching a certain World Cup Final.

Reckon you mean the one where chalk swirled around the stadium for the following fortnight...

Which also raises the question of how he, and that jibbering idiot Brooking, got knighthoods??

Perhaps our Essex correspondent might have some inside information?

Cheers

Robt P.

Just been trying to find out re that Liverpool defeat,couldn't find any 1960's but were beat by Worcester City in 1950's, incidently found out Liverpool were advertising tickets for sale for 4th round match BEFORE the Reading reply (not "if"), mind you didn't Forest do something similar with "see the reds at Wembley" Tee shirts before that infamous 2nd leg play off game?

Possibly because our Trevor is considered to be a 'Very Nice Man', clearly unlike Bruce Forsyth, like him or loath him, he has been the cornerstone of TV entertainment for so many years and continues to deliver in his 80's, yes, he makes me cringe, but surely such an icon of Britsh entertainment deserves recognition, perhaps the fact that Jonathon Ross is leading the campaign to get this man the recognition he deserves has something to do with it, who knows, but I have the greatest respect for Brucie, how many other entertainers have managed to keep going for so long

perhaps he's turning the award down, I find it very odd to believe that he would.

How come a topic on Notts Countys fabulous victory last night has, again , changed track and become a Knighthood for 'Brucie' campaign ???................................rotfl.gif

(I personally can't stand the bloke!!)

Incedentally why does someone have to get a knighthood just 'cause they lived to be 80 ???

They are usually dished out to his ilk for services to charity, Brucie probably spends too much time on the golf course to have time for any !!!

A man and his daughter from the next street to us in Long Eaton were on "The Generation Game" - and they won!

Now, what was the topic again?

Now, what was the topic again?

Bruce (Gob Sh1*3 )Forsyths impending knighthood ???

(Oh and Notts County progressing further than Forest in the FA cup)

... and foul mouthed in front of children

Have read that his every alternate word is swearing...

Won't help his award prospects, nor will Ross's support!

Apparently, Bob Monkhouse was also of the same ilk...

Cheers

Robt P.