Agreed 100% great day out, great company and great flying, loved the bit when we were invaded by the Germans (Including Herman Goering!!) during the "Battle of Britain tribute" We spoke to a couple of the "Krauts" and it was wierd getting responces in English with broad Mancunian accents!!

Two other downsides though , I lost my bloody glasses and can't do a lot on here till I get some replacements, and my camera/lens is full of dust and alot of the photos I took are out of focus!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010_07042010Waddo0060.jpg

Germans as described by Beefy, as you can see they aren't all in South Africa, these guy's were from the German district of Lancashire.

Great day though and they were good sports (don't mention the war!!)

Rog

• 9 months later...

I was just looking on the participants lists for up and coming airshows and quite frankly, apart from private venues, ie Legends, the military airshow participation is pathetic. RIAT is still claiming itself as the biggest military airshow in the world, but for the princely sum of £39 I really don't think it's worth paying out for the sight of a few RAF trainers and a dismal showing by the USAF, a couple of A10's, WOW!!

I know you're going to Waddoe as well, Ian, at least you'll see the Thunderbirds, a routine never to be forgotten, crass and clearly patriotic though it is, but as for the rest of the airshow, forget it.

I know I'm an old git with memories going back to the 50's when airshows were amazing, but even in times of economic downturn, to expect the public to turn up and witness this crap after paying a considerable amount of money is utterly ridiculous, it really sums up as to how our forces are so overstretched, we clearly can't afford to be chucking Brimstones at Gaddaffis Empire, we're clearly all mouth and no trousers, and thats worrying.

Well I for one have got my £130 Mach 1 ticket and am thoroughly looking forwards to both days shows, 4 nights under canvas, a few beers with my mates, having a right old laugh and totally enjoying myself, and nothing you say will dampen my enthusiasm!!!

I thought you (Pete) with all your contacts into the secret under world would know that the best is always kept till last !! I am told (By my secret contacts) that there's to be a big announcement around the 13th re the American contribution.

Roll on RIAT, that's all I can say.