Manager's Wishful Thinking?

Not wanting to cause a row etc, but to me this "we can catch West Brom" from Billy Dainty is as the title says, To do such they have to gain 10 points (or 9 points and better the goal difference by 14) over 6 games, possible I guess but I think unlikely? we shall see

Not wanting to cause a row etc, but to me this "we can catch West Brom" from Billy Dainty is as the title says...

How come you never see these two in a room at the same time?

article-1110069-01EB3B220000044D-119_235x202.jpg

0,,10308~4881697,00.jpg

S****, just realised I put Dainty instead of Davies! Looking at tables and fixtures yes it's possible but if West Brom win 4 impossible, 3 and highly unlikely unless some record scores in both Forest and West Brom's results, maybe best bet take it easy, get no injuries or suspensions and hope for best in play offs? Trouble is one of those games (and wembley) is away

Have to agree...reckon Newcastle/WBA, done and dusted.

Frankly, I'd be alarmed if they won at Wembley as, IMO, they don't have a Premiership squad.

Nor are they likely to whilst Pleat has any input.

Wouldn't be amazed, whatever happens, if Davies walks at the end of the season...

Apparently, he and Pleat get on like Adams and Paisley.

Cheers

Robt P.

I'd be pleased to see both Newcastle and West Brom get promoted...

Have always had an affinity with both clubs since the 50's.

Fondly recall, as a nipper, watching on the 9" black and white screen as Wor' Jackie Milburn won the Cup for them twice, with dazzling performances.

A few years later, when I was tall enough to spectate, Vic Buckingham's WBA side always turned it on at the City Ground...very much Forest's nemesis.

"Derek Kevan, Ronnie Allen, Ray Barlow, George Robledo, Joe Harvey, Bobby Mitchell of long ago..."

Cheers

Robt P.

I've often found an amount of antipathy towards Newcastle from some Reds supporters of a certain generation, Rob. One or two of my friends have never forgiven them for the FA Cup match in which Newcastle fans invaded the pitch at St. James Park and probably in so doing, ejected Forest from the Cup that year!

Yes indeed...their awarding of a replay on the strength of their pitch invasion, when losing, was quite disgraceful.

The inherent bad side in many of their supporters came out that day.

IIRC, Pete Firbeck was at that match...

Cheers

Robt P.

only ever been once, was working at Washington and drove there just to drive over the famous bridge, Washington far more interesting, met Honor Blackman there who at the time was living in a council tower block flat! Most say Forest not good enough to go up? fact is if they win the playoffs they will, if they don't they'll have same problems next year with 3 teams coming down BUT with millions "pay off"