holy trinity church Nottingham

Please can someone point me to the location on a map of Nottingham Holy Trinity church (now demolished) - i have seen a litho of the workhouse with the church behind, along with the spires of 2 other churches. Search the database at http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/enter_database.php for the workhouse and you will find the lithograph.

Description: Lithographed by Newman & Co. The large building in the centre was the Nottingham Union Workhouse on York Street. The tallest spire behind is Holy Trinity Church.

It is dated 1850 and is a north east view of the workhouse with churches behind.

Also any map of St Marys Cemetery (previously St Catharines Cemetery and now a park.

we have an ancestor who died at the workhouse in 1884 and is buried in the cemetery!

many thanks.

Richard

For a church called Holy Trinity which is now demolished you need to look for Trinity Square.

Go back to Picture the Past again (you've obviously already found it). On the old photos of that location, the church is Holy Trinity.

When it was demolished, I believe the name was reused for a church on Clifton