Y. M.C.A dances / Dancing Slipper

Kiss Hi There,

Does any one out there remembers the Y.M.C.A. dances on a Saturday? in the mid 60s I seem to recall that they were on at a Sat mornings or maybe around the lunch time.

They had live groups and then records to follow (not called disco's in those days)

with just soft drinks and coffee. We loved every minute thet we were there and had some great times....just like "The Dancing Slipper" West Bridgeford on Central Lane, lots of great groups there on a Fri night e.g "The JayBirds"......Any one remember at all???

sorry Hilary, but do recall the "Discoteque" at the TBI in the mid 60's, we might not have used the term Disco but did use the full name...

Did anyone go to the Yachting Club, Trent Bridge, and watch The Xciters? They were the next best thing to the Rolling Stones, or so they seemed at that age.

How about the Log Cabin at Watnall I think it was. The Creepers, more commonly called The Miners Welfare on Nutthall Road?

A tease tease tease

Well I rember the Slipper from 1968-72, 6Across, Sons and Lovers, on a Friday night.

Jazz, George Melly, Jake Thackray and others on a Saturday night.

I of course was the DJ there, about 70-72, Mon Weds Fri night, remember those free entry tickets they used to give away.

Mon Wed Fri - Slipper

Tue Thurs - Santa Fae

Sat - Colemans, Maypole Yard

SUn - Palais

I cant remember what we did rest of the week? :D

The Xciters I remember were a Girl soul Group

The Only thing I can remember about the YMCA Dance was I prefered the

Cop to The Cowboy Friends