Jacks cafe where the Aces hung out

I remember a punch up outside Jacks between Johnny Walker & a guy that had a BSA C15 with a reverse cone megga (Very loud) over Mary Higgins (Fairy Mary)

I think he joined the Army soon after he was a mate of Baz Redgate

Jonny Walkers dad opened a Bike shop in Eastwood , I bought a Suzki Triple off him, That thing only got 16 miles on a full tank at my bypass speed 3 melt downs & i got rid It was 18miles to work & back lol

Oldace i seem to remember didnt you say you had rebuilt everything on your bike except !!!!! If it was you i cant for the life of me picture who you are or your name but it looks like we were same place same time

Hi dgbrit, Johnny Walker ended up owning Foxes Kawasaki Center. His son Chris is the pro racer. The only bike I built that I replaced everything, except frame and crankcases, was an A10 basket case I bought in 1982, long after the Aces period.

Regarding a fast outfit on the boulevard, somehow the name Ferris comes to mind,it might have been a Nortin OHC with an alloy chair.

My bikes on the boulevard were an Ajay 650 and later a 1965 Bonneville. My nickname was Tappet.

My bikes were Honda 125 twin, 350 Petty Manx Norton , HRD Vincent 1000, Triton with T100 i think its the one for sale at Rockersreunion i had that a long time

You were slimmer then, I recall :)

ME TO MICK. BUT STILL WISH I COULD LIFT MY LEGS HIGH ENOUGH TO RIDE PILLION NOW. PAT COME DOWN WHITEHART ONE THURSDAY NIGHT YOU MIGHT GET A SURPRIZE IN WHO YOU MEET THERE. CERTAINLY SOME OF MEMTIONED THE NAMES MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD.HIPPO GIRL SAYS SHE IS COMMING DOWN WITH CAROL ONE THURSDAY SOON. LOTS OF OLD PHOTOES IN BIKER BAR. BUT STILL WELCOME MORE IF ANYBODY HAS GOT ANY. EVEN GOT A CONVERTER TO CONVERT SLIDES INTO DIGITAL PHOTOES NOW WILL COPY AND BRING/SEND BACK YOUR ORIGINALS PLUS DIGITAL PHOTOES. THESE NAMES AND PLACES BRING BACK SO MANY MEMORIES OF EVERY ONE FROM THE 60S.ITS CERAINLY WORTH TRYING TO GET TO ROCKERS REUNION EVEN IF YOU CAN ONLY GET THERE FOR THE SUNDAY WHEN THE BIG RIDE IN TAKES PLACE. DGBRIT HAVE YOU RECOGNIZED MANY OF THE FACES ON THERE YET. QUITE A FEW OF THE PEOPLE YOU MENTION ON ON THE PHOTOES ON THERE.

HERE ARE A FEW NAMES YOU WILL FIND ON HOME PAGE ROCK AND ROLL NIGHT AT THE HART 4TH FEF 2011

CRANSON, TONY STARKY, PADDY PASS, TONY CALLADINE, PAUL NEWBURY, DAVE MOULT, LITTLE WILLIE. THERES A FEW FOR YOU TO START WITH

BABS

Hi dgbrit, Johnny Walker ended up owning Foxes Kawasaki Center. His son Chris is the pro racer. The only bike I built that I replaced everything, except frame and crankcases, was an A10 basket case I bought in 1982, long after the Aces period.

Regarding a fast outfit on the boulevard, somehow the name Ferris comes to mind,it might have been a Nortin OHC with an alloy chair.

My bikes on the boulevard were an Ajay 650 and later a 1965 Bonneville. My nickname was Tappet.

My wife says she remembers someone named Tappet

I used to ride a lot of different bikes as my dad used to buy & sell & they used to take it out on me when they got a bad deal LOL

So i used to try & stay out of the limelight

I had 11 bikes just before i got married sold 10 of them to TMS to buy furniture.

Kind of gave up on England when there were all those strikes & decided that USA would be better

Its funny but i hated 2strokes but ended up Super Kart racing , building & tuning them for 25 yrs with my son, Mylast race was in 2005 & was in 4th before i got took out , The funny thing it was a race called the RedBull Stars of Tomorrow

My son Chris raced twice last year Sears point, & Thunderhill raceway Won at Sears 3rd at Thunderhill after starting 34th

There is a onboard Vid on facebook

I must say i was way better on 4 wheels than 2

mick2me, on 04 March 2011 - 05:09 PM, said: You were slimmer then, I recall :)

ME TO MICK. BUT STILL WISH I COULD LIFT MY LEGS HIGH ENOUGH TO RIDE PILLION NOW.

:blush: Babs - I meant I could remember when Beefsteak was slimmer pieinface

mick2me, on 04 March 2011 - 05:09 PM, said: You were slimmer then, I recall :)

:blush: Babs - I meant I could remember when Beefsteak was slimmer pieinface

YES MICK I REALIZE THAT BUT STILL WISH I COULD GET ON THE BACK OF A BIKE NOW.

DYGOR WHICH PICTURE YOU BEEN LOOKING AT, THE ONES ON HERE OR ROCKERS REUNION FRONT PAGE GETTING MY CERTIFICATE.

BUT THE REASON I CARNT GET ON NOW AS I AM DISABLED WITH ARTHRITIS IN BOTH KNEES AND HIPS. BUT STILL VERY INVOLVED IN THE BIKER SCEENE AT WHITEHART AND ROCKERS REUNION EVEN GO ROUND ON MOBILITY SCOOTER WITH AIR AMBULANCE TIN. STILL SEE MANY OF THE OLD ACES ON A REGULAR BASIS, PIGGY WAS ONE OF THE LATER ACES ASKED TO PUT ON AN ACE.ALWAYS KNOWN AS PIGGY BUT REAL NAME DAVE PIGGOTT. HE USED TO PAL AROUND WITH BIG MICK MARRIOTT OFTEN RODE MICKS BIKES WITH MICK ON THE BACK WHEN MICK WAS BANED SHEARED A COUPLE OF COMBOES WITH MICK INCLUDING ONE BROUGHT FROM JOHN HIGGINS FOR £1. HE LIVED BEHIND THE CHURCH OPPOSIT WHITEHART AND WAS A DUSTMAN ON BEESTON COUNCIL BEFORE JOINED THE AIRFORCE IN 1969.WE GOT TOGETHER IN 1967 AND MARRIED IN 1972. RODE VARIOUS BIKES INCLOUDING COMBOS. WE BOTH WENT TO SHEDS,JACKS ,ROBINS AND THE WHITEHART AS WELL AS WHITEPOST AND VARIOUS PLACES IN AND AROUND MANSFIELD.

HOPE THAT HELPS THE CONFUSION A BIT FOR YOU.

BYE THE WAY WAS RECENTLY TOLD FAIRY MARY .(MARY HIGGINS) HAD DIED DONT KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT.

Babs i looked at the pics now im really confused

DO YOU MEAN CONFUSED ABOUT WHO IS WHO OR WHICH PICS I MEAN.

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE GOT THESE POSTS A BIT MIXED UP.

THIS COULD MAKE THINGS A LITTLE EASIER FOR YOU TO UNDER STAND I HOPE IT DOSE.

1 GO TO ROCKERS REUNION SITE.

2 GO TO PHOTO GALLERY.

3 GO TO ROCK AND ROLL NIGHT.

HERE YOU WILL FIND SOME PHOTOES WITH

TONY CALADINE,

PADDY PASS.

CRANSON

TONY STARKY

PAUL AYRES. TO NAME BUT A FEW.

OTHER GALLERY PICTURES SKEGNESS REUNION 2009 AND 2010 YOU WILL FIND

TAPPET

JOHN COOMBS

PAUL NEW BURY

PIGGY AND ME.

BIG MICK MARRIOTT

TONY STARKY

AND SPIDER.

HOPE THIS MAKES IT EASIER.TELL ME IF YOU RECOGNIZE ANY ONE THEN I WILL GIVE TOU A FEW MORE CLUES TO GET YOU ON YOUR WAY.

BABS

Re Pillion passengers, think most guys who rode bikes were no good on the back, certainly the case with me!

When I was still at Northgate primary school, a mate, Pete Butler had a 350 Goldie, with the necessary fibreglass tank and racing seat, with the swept back exhaust etc, and I would give him 2 bob to take me on the back to Bulwell and back, from New Basford.

I had to hang on for dear life (obviously to under the seat, as only girls held on elsewhere! ) along Vernon Rd and Highbury Vale!

• 1 year later...

hi dg have you recognized starky yet on the photoes just revisited this site one year later times flying by, have left you a pm yesterday about a photo.

pat petal tony starky also mentioned you yesterday when he was here i am going to show him this thread next time he comes and see if he wants to add a few comments to you all.

this years whitehart reunion 9th june starting with a bike show and auto jumble from 3pm

rockers reunion this year 3rd 4th and 5th august at the ship with the big ride in about lunch time on sunday

starky left his photo album with up for dave to copy some of the pictures from the old ace and whitehart days some great photoes in this

NO JACKSON DID NOT SEE IT THIS TIME BUT HAVE SEEN IT ABOUT 6 TIMES NOW AND WE HAVE GOT A COPY FROM TV COMPANY CARNT MISS ME AS I AM THE ONLY WOMAN ON THE BIT FROM WHITE HART . I DONT SAY MUCH IN THE PROGRAM BUT THERE WAS THREE HOURS OF FILM TAKEN BUT ONLY ABOUT 15 MINS SHOWN