Norman Richards -- Became a Proffesor and worked for Philips Electronics ( Turned up once at Bulwell in a " Roller )

Barbara Scotney--- Became Headmistress Nottingham Girls High School ( Sat next to her and remember holding hands )

Geof Thomas ------- Did Magic in the Raleigh Labs

Betty Cast

Norma Lester

Barbara Poole

John Voss

Derek Whitlesey

Alan Hodgson

Alistair Smith

Bulwell I believe has a not so good Education rating nowadays but at the good old Highbury Infants and Juniors we did`nt do too bad in the 40`s thanks to the brilliant Teachers especially Miss Mawby who took the top class Juniors, there was a Bay window and the " Elite " sat here and some of the results are above with some names I remember.

I was not reffering to ( Posh Schools ) we used to call you " Watter Rats " but such as good old Highbury in not such a salubrious area and next to a stinking Tannery, it didn`t do me much good though I failed my 11 plus .but Brother and Sister Passed for High Pavement and Mundella

Cheers Danny 333

P.S. Sister Marian has just signed on as " Magdan " have you greeted her ?? hopefully she will be full of Mundella stuff from the 40`s 50`s !!

Welcome Magden

Impossible now to greet all new members before they post.

Do you know how many people join this site daily?

Most are spammers that dont contribute or complete their registration.

If your sister is here yer better behave yesen nah!. Eh?

I went to Henry Mellish....they produced loadsa clever sods over the years.....and like me a few 'smart alecs' too

hey, you and me both! i left in 82, went back for the first time since last year on the last day, i ought to put my photos up sometime.

I left in 72....yep i also went to the last day to wander round and get a loada pix...had a fag in the playground....and entered through the vestibule without getting told off !!

my brother Stewart Drage went to Henry Mellish. not sure what year he left but he was born in 1948 if that means anything? He hung around with Roger & Phil Beharall (thats the only names i can remember)

When " Magdan " starts posting she will have a tale or two to tell of Mundella etc, she also belonged to The Co Operative Arts Centre In Nottingham ( Sue Pollard,) Hi De Hi, Peter Bowles ( To The Manor Born ) and other contemporaries. Also, thanks to the site we have contacted an old connection in Canada from 60 years ago !!.