Its almost here! Clocks go forward this weekend...

So what does summer mean to you? Or aren't you a fan?

For me it used to mean holidays, working in a busy pub, bear gardens on my days off, generally being with mates enjoying the sunshine. Then I got pregnant, so my summer was mainly lounging in the garden with my soft drink and a good book, moaning about how hot and uncomfy I was.

Now im looking forward to all the days out, BBQs, playing in the garden & generally being outdoors as much as possible.

I hope you all have some lovely plans this year!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hippo girl, how lovely for you. :smile:

A grand parent once said to me: 'when you have grand children you get a new lease of life'; I have two and how true this is. I hope all's going well at this stage . . . :smile:

Congrats Hippo girl!! Bet you cant wait & 5 children? Wow... apparently im not aloud any more children now. Im one of them women who could have a football team.. I just LOVE being a mum & im so excited to just doing so many things this summer with my daughter. :)

I say children.. im assuming their all grown up :) Think id still call my daughter my child even when shes in her 30s lol

your children are always your children no matter how old they are mine are 36 and 31 now and i still call them the lads or our boys always seems to sound daft saying out men.both of them still live at home with us and now they have got past the fighting each other stage thats not a bad thing.

bye the way congratulations your to young to be a grandma though babs.

A friend in Wales has always called her daughter "Child" in the written word and by name. She still refers to her as simply "Child" whenever she talks of her despite Child being in her thirties.

If it ever gets heavy going mudgie, 'living in a perpetual Summer', then just imagine what a long, grey time we've had of it weather wise, from last October, until the first bit of sunshine we've been blessed with over the last few days! :crazy:

Six months of waiting, crazy isn't it? :crazy:

Morning Jackson,I well remember the long damp,grey winters.

The last time in Nottingham,(May 2001),It was cold and overcast. I went for some lunch and decided to cut my vacation short.Sad to say that there was nothing exept memories to keep me there.

Since finding 'Nottstalgia' I feel a reason to come over,and have the pleasure and honour to meet up with you guys.

Won't forget to buy an overcoat for the trip. :biggrin:

iv spent the last two days of good weather weve had, stuck indoors decorating a bathroom & tons of housework. Iv only managed to enjoy it by standing outside the backdoor with a cuppa or pegging out the washing... then the other half comes home with sunburn and a slight tan because he works outdoors... Jealous.

Well i dont have a garden , but i have a good sized yard so i got two wilco's greenhouses and compost and tubs and have set Raddishes, carrots , lettuce and potatoes plus wild flowers and various plants also i have a hanging basket so i will be kept busy looking after them the raddishes are coming up already

We have a garden, but its very patchy. Theres 'bold patches' in the grass of pure hard mud... The only thing the garden seems to be good for at the mo is pegging out washing. I have a mini green house near my backdoor & iv popped some pots of growing plants at the bottom of the garden path where they get the most sun. I uploaded a piccy of my patchy lawn on the Gardening section of the forum. This weekend were gonna be digging it up ready for some turf as i doubt i can bring it back to life at all with the state its in. Cant wait to have somewhere for me & my daughter to sit and play over the summer!

Gardening section? Where's that then?

There's no such thing as an unsalvageable lawn. Simply loosen the patches and reseed, it's miles cheaper than turf unless you have access to some that is being discarded elsewhere.

thumbsup

Im not sure if its called the gardening section... I know its right at the bottom of the forum page though! I was thinking abit loosening all the patches & slapping some seed down, but would it be grown in time so i can enjoy most of the summer in it? With turf, itll take around 2-3 weeks untill ready for walk and play apparently. Surely seed will take a min of 6weeks? I had half the garden flattened by the council who then layed down some grass seed.. its coming through nicely but this was done back in december, it still looks very muddy & not 'full'